Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/04/2008 Reds Vs Indians

Re: 3/04/2008 Reds Vs Indians

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Dusty has already stated that he needs BP to break up Junior and Dunn in the order.
    I'd be fine with that against southpaws as Phillips mashes them, but why would one not put Griffey and Dunn back to back against a RHP? It seems like an "old-school" manager would especially want to utilize the lefty/righty match-ups in that scenario.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What time does the game start?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Cruisin' for trouble

0-0 after 1.

C. Trent...not Live Blogging!

* Top 1: It was 1:07 and 76 degrees at first pitch. I'll be making sure to use lots of past tense, to make sure you know I'm reporting (from, oh, minutes to second ago) instead of LIVE blogging. Sizemore grounded out to Phillips for the first out. And then Gutierrez hit a high (see, the adjective makes it commentary, instead of reporting) foul pop up, caught by Votto. And Belisle did a nice job to go 1-2-3, getting a groundout from Martinez to first and then nicely covered the bag (see the adjectives? Commentary!). Reds 0, Racist Mascots 0

* Bottom 1:
    Sharply hit by Freel, but right at Marte at first for the first out, way back when. (See, it's so long ago, it's like when they post play-by-play in the newspaper. Man, was that so long ago, no problems for you here, MLB!) Kepp hit one right up the middle, by a diving Cabrera. Cliff Lee gave up No. 499 to Griffey, and in Griffey's next at-bat, he knew Griffey was the last guy he was going to face, so he threw behind his head and got tossed, because he didn't want to give up No. 500. This time, he decided it was better to get Griffey to ground into a double play to short. Easily turned by the RMs. Reds 0, RMs 0

* Top 2: Matt Belisle came out in the middle of the inning, presumably to pitch the top of the inning. But that's speculation, not live blogging! Way back in the begining of that inning -- oh, neigh on 10 minutes ago (and this, I believe, is reminiscing, not live blogging) Ben Frnacisco hit a blistering shot to short, snagged by Keppinger. And if my memory serves after allll this time, Asdrubal Cabrera hit one to center, it bounced over Ryan Freel's head and was ruled a double. But, well, that may not have been it, soooo much time has passed. Oddly, with an onion tied to his belt -- as was the fashion at the time -- Matt Belisle hit Kelly Shoppach. And then, well, I remember it like it was yesterday -- Andy Marte smoked a ball to center, over Ryan Freel's head to score two runs. 2-0. Andy Gonzalez was unable to stop his swing on a 3-2 pitch and was punched out by Bill Welke. Oh, those were the days, those were the days. Andy Herr, a former Red farmhand, was able to take his shot a Belisle, and take it he did, doubling to left, knocking in another run to make it 3-0. Luckily for young Matt Belisle, he was able to get to that hack, Grady Sizemore, who hit teh ball well, but hit it well at BRandon Phillips. ANd that made the score RMs 3, Reds 0

I must say, despite the stupid MLB thing, C Trent is making this awfully amusing.

It's one of the reasons I am a big fan of his.

CTrent is really, really good.

Would be nice to see Belisle pitch OUT of a jam, even if it's just spring.

Only C. Trent could take something that is really dumb and turn it into something entertaining. He's really good!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I must say, despite the stupid MLB thing, C Trent is making this awfully amusing.
    I agree, but I just sent this email to Bob Castellini:

Dear Mr. Castellini,

Last week I emailed your broadcast adminstrator, G. K., asking why WLW doesn't broadcast more of the early Spring Training games. She wrote back very promptly (two minutes!) and sent me the schedule of broadcast games. I wrote back that I had that, but that I was disappointed that the Reds weren't having a fuller schedule of the games on the radio. She again promptly wrote back, thanked me for my inquiry and gave an explanation that there didn't seem to be much of an interest in the early games during work hours and an inability to secure sufficient advertising to warrant broadcasting these games (I'm paraphrasing here).

Today I logged on to redszone.com to read reports on the game, even though neither the Reds or the Indians are broadcasting the game, we were going to rely on one or another reporters who blog the game live. I was disappointed to hear that MLB has clamped down on such "live blogging", so we're not getting play by play reports, rather some after the fact reports on the game. This is the extent that diehard fans will go to hear about our team.

I don't know if you're down in Florida or back here in Cincy, but after a wonderfully beautiful day yesterday that reminded us that spring is coming, today is cold, rainy, dreary and shivering us to the bone. The sweet reminder of a sunny baseball game would take the nip off this chill, to say the least. I hope that next year, the Reds will explore broadcasting as much of the Spring Training schedule as you can. We're aching for baseball and I'd love to listen while I sit at my desk working.

Thank you for your consideration.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Score is 3-3 now. Votto had an RBI single and Cabrera had a two run double.

C. Trent is cracking me up.

* Top 3: I was just sitting here minding my own business -- certainly wasn't going to liveblog or anything -- and noticed Josh Fogg came to the mound instead of Matt Belisle. Read into that what you wish.
    Score is 5-3 Reds.

Cabrera had a two run double.
    Is Whole Bear making a 34-year-old bid to crack the roster as an extra? I love spring training.

Fogg gave up a solo homer to Franklin Gutierrez. 5-4 Reds going to the bottom of the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Is Whole Bear making a 34-year-old bid to crack the roster as an extra? I love spring training.
    ... the spirit of Josias Manzanillo and the "Donut King" lives on.

Turn Off Ads?