Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 3/05/08--Reds vs. Red Sox

Re: 3/05/08--Reds vs. Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    One scoreless inning has little to do with earning a roster spot these days, especially if you are a rookie with options trying to make the jump from AA.

Perhaps. But the Reds have blown some leads with some of these young pitchers in the late innings. I'm just saying holding a lead looks a lot better to the powers that be than blowing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3/05/08--Reds vs. Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I call it the Redszone spin. Some guys can do no wrong. Some guys can do no right. A few guys can do no wrong at first, then they can do no right. Homer is in that category now.

Juan Castro can do no right.

Matt Belisle can do no wrong.

If you come from another organization and are an older player, you generally can do no right.

If you come up through the Reds system and are young, you generally can do no wrong.

If you have a good OBP, you can do no wrong.

If speed is your best asset, you can do no right.

If a pitcher has good minor league perhipherals, he can do no wrong.

Homer pitched today, he can do no right.

Cueto pitches Friday, he can do no wrong.

I'm wondering about Volquez. When they got him in the trade he could do no wrong. Now I'm thinking, maybe, he can do no right.

We'll see.

You forgot that once traded from the Reds, a player can do no wrong. (see Denorfia, WMP, Hobbs)

Turn Off Ads?