Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3/9/08 vs Deviless Rays

Re: 3/9/08 vs Deviless Rays

RBI double by Hannigan, 3-0 Reds, scores Kroski, who drove in a run, and Castro, who walked.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bloop rbi single by Freel scores Castro, a Hopper base hit scores Hannigan, and the Reds lead 5-0

Jackson tries to pick off Hopper at first, throws it in the dirt, Freel scores from third. WOW. Edwin Jackson is terrible. He was one of the most talked about uber prospects back in the day. My, oh my, how things change

Votto walks after a Jay Bruce grounder to first, runners on 1st and 2nd two outs, Cabrera retired, inning over, 6-0 Reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Belisle at it again...can't throw strikes, throws a lot of pitches....same old same old.

I'm SO not a fan of Belisle .... and its not just these spring training bombs... but when you add those in.. I really hope he doesn't make the rotation - I'd rather have Fogg.. :-(

Two on, nobody out, one run in...

I've never really been a fan of Belisle in the rotation, although I think he can be a good pen guy like he was.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    I'm SO not a fan of Belisle .... and its not just these spring training bombs... but when you add those in.. I really hope he doesn't make the rotation - I'd rather have Fogg.. :-(
    I really hope you're not being serious when you say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Belisle at it again...can't throw strikes, throws a lot of pitches....same old same old.
    Um, Matt Belisle throws more strikes than most, at least if we're talking about his in-season norm. If you want to say he's too hittable, that's fine, but not throwing strikes isn't a problem he's got.

We also ought to consider what Belisle's out there to do today. Baker put him in the rotation at the start of camp and what he's probably doing today is working on a few wrinkles. Quite frankly, for pitchers with a rotation slot in the bag, early March starts are meaningless.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

We were assured all winter that Belisle was going to be fine this year due to FIP, DIPS and every other metric under the sun.

Don't worry. All is well.

Last edited by edabbs44; 03-09-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I really hope you're not being serious when you say that.
    i am - he's a bundle of nerves.. or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Well, we've heard all winter that his problem is bad luck. Maybe his luck will turn this year. I think he needs to mix his pitches better, fool more hitters, and make better pitches with men on base.

Even if he starts the season in the rotation, as is likely, Belisle needs to perform this year because soon there will be Cueto, Bailey, Volquez, maybe Maloney vying for his spot in the rotation.
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Um, Matt Belisle throws more strikes than most, at least if we're talking about his in-season norm. If you want to say he's too hittable, that's fine, but not throwing strikes isn't a problem he's got.
    Today it is...and yes, he's too hittable.

To his credit, the jams he's gotten himself into, he's gotten himself out of so far.

Turn Off Ads?