Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati's Best

Cincinnati's Best

I'm going south for the opening weekend series against the Phillies with a friend (a Tigers fan ) and we would like to try some of Cincinnati's best eats. Obviously we aren't looking for a fine lobster or filet mignon so...

Where is the best place in Cincy to get a burger?

What is Cincinnati's best pizza?

Other top joints?

Places in close proximity to the ballpark or Northern Kentucky would be preferrable.
    (I'm going to avoid the chili debate... )

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati's Best

You have to try Skyline Chili if you've never had it. You may not like it (it's quite polarizing), but you wouldn't go to Germany and not eat a brat, would you?

Others would know more about the local, smaller places, but you have the usuals like La Rosa's Pizza and Montgomery Inn for all your BBQ needs.
    Last edited by guttle11; 03-15-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Oh, I've had Skyline before... I actually just had it for dinner in the can form (doesn't do the restaurant justice ). We make sure to bring home a case of the cans everytime!

I've also tried LaRosa's and Montgomery Inn, and both were good but not great...

Well, I'm out of ideas. Unless you count the Frisch's/Big Boy just off the I-75 Freemont Ave exit.

Hofbrau Haus in Newport. Good food, good scenery....if you're into that kind of thing.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

While I haven't been there yet, I have heard Teller's in Hyde Park has good food. It's also really, really close to Graeter's. They have some burgers and pizza (some more upscale food as well) and it's in an old bank building which is pretty cool.

http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/dinner.html
    http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/lunch.html
    http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/brunch.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Hofbrau Haus in Newport. Good food, good scenery....if you're into that kind of thing.
    Good beer too...

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Well, I'm out of ideas. Unless you count the Frisch's/Big Boy just off the I-75 Freemont Ave exit.
    Haha, here in Michigan Big Boy says "It's a Michigan thing" in their tv advertisements as if it is the only state those crappy dinner wanna-be's can be found!

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    While I haven't been there yet, I have heard Teller's in Hyde Park has good food. It's also really, really close to Graeter's. They have some burgers and pizza (some more upscale food as well) and it's in an old bank building which is pretty cool.

http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/dinner.html
    http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/lunch.html
    http://www.tellersofhydepark.com/brunch.html
    That place looks pretty upscale... I'm talking what's the best Diner/Drive-In/Dives style...

I'd try the area around Fountain Square for good eats and spirits.

Try Rock Bottom or Cadillac Ranch for good bar food (and a great Happy Hour)
    Nada is a Mexican restaurant next to the Aronoff Theater that was voted the best new restaurant in Cincy
    Nicholson's is a great Scottish restaurant with a good beer selection.
    Trattoria Roma and Via Vite are good Italian restaurants in the Fountain Square area.

All of the above are pretty reasonably priced as well.

I could go on if you need a few more but those are a few good ones...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That place looks pretty upscale... I'm talking what's the best Diner/Drive-In/Dives style...
    Zip's Cafe in Mt. Lookout is a decent burger, and it's a hole-in-the-wall type place. You should be able to get out of there around $10 if you wanted to.

Are you guys 21 or over? I know plenty of places if you're of age, but if not ...

I'm fairly certain you'll be able to get in to Hofbrauhaus during the afternoons if you're underage, but I'm also fairly certain they'll card you if you try to get in during the evening (or say ... after a Reds game). Mt. Adams is a great bar district, but you'll get carded everywhere there too. Beer Sellar in Newport is a great place to go for a nice selection of draft beer.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

We are high school students...............

We are making this trip to Cincy as part of our senior spring break (baseball nerds huh ). We are going to 8 MLB games in 9 days, including visits to Milwaukee and Chicago as well. If anybody has any fun things to do/great places to eat in those towns toss out those suggestions out as well. I know we plan on playing some golf, but again we have to stay within a budget...

Since you're high school students you might consider eating at these lunch places:

Javier's is a Mexican restaurant sort of like a Chipotle (from what I've heard)
    Mythos is a great Greek restaurant
    Potbelly is a chain sandwich shop located on Fountain Square
    And you'll definately have to get some Graeter's Ice Cream on your trip. It's located next to Potbelly on Fountain Square.

All of those places are very inexpensive.

The Reds Hall of Fame and Museum is a must if you haven't been and it is pretty cheap as well...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Nicholson's is a great Scottish restaurant with a good beer selection.

I second that. Nicholson's has a fantastic, smoked prime rib, and their burgers are made from the same type of meat. Highly recommended.

Great idea for spring break btw... wish I would have thought of something like that when I was in school.

Turn Off Ads?