Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rate my Roto draft por favor

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Rate my Roto draft por favor

5x5 Roto with traditional stats - AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB x ERA, WHIP, W, Ks, SVs

Everyone got six keepers - mine were Wright, Dunn, Haren, Kazmir, King Felix, AJ Burnett

I was dead last last year and my team was awful, so devoid of any real bats I used four of my six keepers for pitchers, something I would normally never do.

Here's the final result. I was pretty happy, but then again I was happy last year and got toasted.

C-Yadier Molina STL
    1B-Todd Helton COL
    3B-David Wright NYM
    CI-Chipper Jones ATL
    2B-Brian Roberts BAL
    SS-Khalil Greene SD
    MI-Freddy Sanchez PIT
    OF-Adam Dunn CIN
    OF-Chris Young AZ
    OF-Jason Bay PIT
    OF-Pat Burrell PHI
    OF-Jeremy Hermida FLA
    DH-Billy Butler KC
    P-Scott Kazmir TB
    P-Felix Hernandez SEA
    P-Dan Haren AZ
    P-AJ Burnett TOR
    P-Chad Cordero WAS
    P-BJ Ryan TOR
    P-Dustin McGowan TOR
    P-Troy Percival TB
    P-Gil Meche KC
    B-Matt Garza TB
    B-Lastings Milledge WAS
    B-Jay Bruce CIN

Critiques and inputs are welcome and appreciated

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate my Roto draft por favor

how many teams and rounds you drafted each in would be beneficial

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    how many teams and rounds you drafted each in would be beneficial
    Good call - 10 teams - 19 rounds.

It's in a league full of Tigers fans, so I joke that many guys have a BTA policy - take the Best Tiger Available. But it's really competitive and in the three years the final standings have flipped each time.

I see this team near the bottom half. I don't see how you can win with that hitting. This team is going to be last in AVG, and maybe SB. The HR's might be okay, but your only going to middle ranked in R/RBI at best. The Pitching is decent, but it's so random every year that it's hard to count on it. Kazmir's hurt, Burnett has an injury history. Ryan's a big risk and if he's out, your last in Saves. McGowan could be fine, but he has control problems and is a HUGE injury risk. Percival's old and could just drop off totally. The staff might all be fine, but the inherent risk in pitching just makes the team weak. The hitting pretty much sucks and your counting on a LOT to happen just for it to be average. Molina/Bay/Dunn/Greene/Young/Burrell could ALL reasonably hit .250 next year, and your counting on Chipper to stay healthy. I'd drop Bruce and look for something else. Maybe a RP who could be closer, or another MI. Keep Millidge. I'd normally say to trade from stength, but I don't see any area that's strong enough to deal from. So that just leaves dealing your weakness, which is AVG. Trade 2-3 from those bad AVG hitters I mentioned to get address the AVG and SB problem.

Turn Off Ads?