Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How do you like my draft?

YO YO YO

How do you like my draft?

12 person 8 player keeper league
    Scoring Cats: 6x6
    Hitting: HR, R, RBI, AVG, OPS, S
    Pitching: W, SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP

I put my keepers in bold. I also have one more pick if anyone has suggestions on what I might need.

C Ivan Rodriguez DET
    1B DAVID ORTIZ BOS
    2B BRANDON PHILLIPS CIN
    3B DAVID WRIGHT NYM
    SS JIMMY ROLLINS PHI

OF Hunter Pence HOU
    OF Corey Hart MIL
    OF Raul Ibanez SEA
    Kevin Youkilis BOS
    OF Mark Teahen KC
    OF Corey Patterson

Pitchers
    RP Matt Lindstrom FLA
    RP Shawn Hill WAS
    RP Scott Downs TOR
    RP Joe Borowski CLE
    RP Jason Isringhausen STL
    RP Francisco Cordero MIL
    SP Jeremy Bonderman DET
    SP Johnny Cueto CIN
    SP Tom Gorzelanny PIT
    SP JAMES SHIELDS TB
    SP FELIX HERNANDEZ SEA
    SP AARON HARANG CIN
    SP ERIK BEDARD BAL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How do you like my draft?

You are lacking top end power as far as HR and RBI. You have a lot of 25 HR guys, but no one who can hit 40+ and you only have 3 guys who are going to have over 100+ RBI.

You should completely dominate as far as starting pitchnig goes. You have 3 #1s in Hernandez, Harang, and Bedard and a really solid #2 in Shields. You also have solid lower guys in Bonderman and hopefully Cueto. You have good enough closers as long as Borowksi closes all year.

I would think about trying to move Shields or another top end starter for a power OF bat. You have no #1 or #2 OFer. Pence and Hart I would consider 3rd OFers on most teams. I am sure the 8 player keeper rule really effected the OFs that were available to you though.

YO YO YO

Yeah alot of the good power OF were keepers. I elected to keep my infield since it was pretty sweet. I put the word out that I am looking to trade a #1 SP for a power OF. Also Ken G. Jr. is still available in the final round of the draft. I think it might be worth it to pick him up this late.

Quote Originally Posted by tipdogusaf View Post
    Yeah alot of the good power OF were keepers. I elected to keep my infield since it was pretty sweet. I put the word out that I am looking to trade a #1 SP for a power OF. Also Ken G. Jr. is still available in the final round of the draft. I think it might be worth it to pick him up this late.
    Griffey is worth a last round pick. He will be better than Teahen and Patterson for sure, and could put up better numbers than Ibanez.

YO YO YO

Yeah I will probably pick up griff and drop teahen and pick up Volquez in FA. I wanted to keep patterson to help with steals

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I would drop Patterson immediately, get Griff and keep Teahen. Teahen will probably steal 15 bases and the rest of his numbers will be better than Patterson. With Rollins, Wright, Hart, Pence, and Phillips, you will be fine with SBs
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

You have a lot of 25 HR guys, but no one who can hit 40+
    David Ortiz can't hit more than 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    David Ortiz can't hit more than 40?
    He could hit 40, but I think it would be a reach to expect it from him this year. I believe a lot of his former HRs now turn into doubles.

In 2006 he had 54 HRs and 29 doubles, last year that flipped to 35 HRs and 52 doubles.

i'd trade borrowski too

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    He could hit 40, but I think it would be a reach to expect it from him this year. I believe a lot of his former HRs now turn into doubles.

In 2006 he had 54 HRs and 29 doubles, last year that flipped to 35 HRs and 52 doubles.
    natural variability in my eyes

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I could be wrong here but I think the doubles actually drop this year and the homers go back up.

David Ortiz might be one of the few players ever to drop 20 homers and actually have one of the best years of his career last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I could be wrong here but I think the doubles actually drop this year and the homers go back up.
    I agree

Turn Off Ads?