Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just did my first ever points league... thoughts on the team?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Just did my first ever points league... thoughts on the team?

16 teams deep and 24 rounds... it was a very long draft. Here are the settings:

Stat Modifiers: R (1), H (1), 1B (1), 2B (2), 3B (3), HR (4), RBI (1), SF (1), SB (2), CS (-2), BB (1), HBP (1), K (-1), GIDP (-2), E (-2)

IP (3), W (10), L (-6), CG (10), SHO (10), SV (3), H (-1), ER (-1), HR (-2), BB (-1), HBP (-1), K (1), WP (-2), GIDP (2), HLD (1)

And now for my team:

C- Joe Mauer
    1B- Prince Fielder
    2B- Luis Castillo
    3B- Edwin Encarnacion
    SS- Troy Tulowitzski
    IF- Adrian Gonzalez
    OF- Grady Sizemore
    OF- Josh Hamilton
    OF- Michael Cuddyer
    UTIL- David DeJesus
    Bn- Joey Votto
    Bn- Jarrod Saltalamacchia

SP- Scott Kazmir
    SP- Rich Hill
    SP- Jeff Francis
    SP- Ubaldo Jimenez
    SP- Gil Meche
    RP- Jeremy Accardo
    RP- Peter Moylan
    P- Edinson Volquez
    Bn- Ervin Santana
    Bn- Carlos Villanueva
    Bn- Chad Gaudin
    Bn- Miguel Batista

Personally I love my offense, but I think I'm going to definitely need to find some pitching somehow or at least hope my sleeper guys pan out.

Anyways, thoughts from someone who has done a points based league before?
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 03-24-2008 at 12:10 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Re: Just did my first ever points league... thoughts on the team?

Hi Humn,

Nice to see someone involved in a points league!!! I'm in two roto leagues but wanted to get into a fantasy points league w/o success. To answer your question about your team; overall I thought you had a very nice draft with the exception of your relievers and even with that you can hopefully make trades to increase the value in your relief corps. Interesting to see on your point qualifyers in pitching that a loss is -6 points with a win being the standard 10pts. Most everywhere I have seen a loss is either -5 or -10. Your saves category has a +3 but no minus points for a blown save and a +1 for Holds but nothing happens again if the reliever blows the Hold? Interesting. Not necessarily right or wrong just curious about your (commissioner's) point system.

Since you drafted an abundant amount of players (24) and had 16 teams drafting, I think you had one heck of a draft overall. I look for Tulowitzki and Sizemore to have huge years and hope you get nice numbers from Edwin Encarnacion and Edinson Volquez!!! Josh Hamilton if he can remain healthy could have a monster year!!! What a great ST he has had so far!!!

Best of Luck,
    Jerry/ Vada Pinson Fan

Re: Just did my first ever points league... thoughts on the team?

That's a solid lineup for a 16-team league. You could use some pitching help, but good pitching is pretty easy to find on waivers if you stay on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Nice to see someone involved in a points league!!! I'm in two roto leagues but wanted to get into a fantasy points league w/o success.
    My points league just had its draft yesterday. We certainly could have used you!
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-24-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Turn Off Ads?