Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Sun Deck Prediction Thread

Re: 2008 Sun Deck Prediction Thread

83, but I hope for more.

2. Turn Off Ads?

89 for me due to a better bullpen. Hopefully that wins the division.

Senor Votto

162-0. That's right you heard it here first.

I'll go with 81. The addition of Francisco Cordero should make the Reds pen at least on par with the league average, which is a significant improvement over last season's squad. I expect the offense to be about the same with Edwin putting up better numbers to help offset Phillips' regression. The starters after Harang and Arroyo are certainly question marks but I can't help but feel they are an improvement over Milton and Lohse.

I'll go with 81 wins. I really think the time improved but I think its only improved abit.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I'll go with 85.

95 wins. That's right.

1) Baker has won 100+ games in each of his first seasons with the Giants and Cubs.
    2) The Reds roster reminds me very much of the Tigers in 2005, which also was lead for the first time by a veteran, winning manager.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    95 wins. That's right.

1) Baker has won 100+ games in each of his first seasons with the Giants and Cubs.
    2) The Reds roster reminds me very much of the Tigers in 2005, which also was lead for the first time by a veteran, winning manager.

By this logic, World Series here we come! (Not to poke fun at you but I actually hope you're right!)
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    60 Wins. I don't think they will only win 60 games but I'm doing my best to bring the average down to a reasonable level.
    Good call. Vegas has it at 78.5 (bodog.com). I hope its better, but my gut is saying no.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    162-0. That's right you heard it here first.
    Can I change my vote to 0-162 to even this one out?

I'll go with 86

I've got 87.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

80 wins.

Our young starting pitching will struggle like most young starting pitching does.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    Good call. Vegas has it at 78.5 (bodog.com). I hope its better, but my gut is saying no.
    Seriously I would take that bet. I think even with NO improvement from the lineup, our SP is improved enough to get close to .500, and Cordero in the bullpen should relieve us from at least 1/2 a dozen blown saves.

Milton, Shearn, etc... can be considered addition by subtraction, even if they were only replaced by "replacement players". Lohse is solid enough, but Cueto/Volquez/Fogg is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of what we had in the 3-5 spot last year...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    60 Wins. I don't think they will only win 60 games but I'm doing my best to bring the average down to a reasonable level.
    120 games. Just to the make the average 90.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?