Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Sun Deck Prediction Thread

Re: 2008 Sun Deck Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsred View Post
    90 wins...EdE has breakout year...Dunn's in a contract year....JR has a huge option he wants picked up....the kids are hungry....lol
    The kids are hungry, I liked that. Anyways, I am going to predict winning the central, why not? We have the offense and hopefully now we have the pitching, we have a lot of young arms and we should have some good pitchers coming from the bullpen.

A lot of people might look at me predicting winning the central and saying its crazy, I think it is very possible with the talent we have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Let's try to keep this thing legitimate. No crazy predictions to raise or lower the group average. Sounds fair to me. Thanks.

I'm going to have to go with 85, possibly winning the wild card.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

I think they can get between 88 and 92 wins, I will say 90 and 72. The real question is can we in the Sun Deck acutally have a prediction thread or is that one of the benefits of being on the big boy board?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

94 wins
    Mark it down!!

85 wins

80 wins as staus quo in conjunction w/ rigidity that fails to face facts. 88-90 if they let the cream rise to the top. (Time to bring on the youngins').

88 wins

Edwin, Jr, Dunn, and Votto with 25+ HR's

At least three starters with 10+ wins.

I say that the Reds win the division straight up. SI has the Cubs losing to the Tigers in the World series. Are they nuts?

GO DUSTY!!

Attack Cat!

78 Wins, but a lot more fun to watch then in the past.

"The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

87. This is the best Reds team I'v seen in a while.

87 wins and they'll win 75% of the series games against the Cubs during the season.

Nobody in the NL has seen Volquez and Cueto yet so they'll have the advantage this year if they throw strikes and don't press too hard. The 12 or so games we lost in the 8th inning alone will count for 10 more wins than last year.

Harang and Arroyo will each win at least 15 games and have record years for SO's.

BP will win the GG and SS at 2nd base. EE will finally produce like expected

and if all this happens I'm buying a lottery ticket today just in case I'm some sort of voodoo prognosticator.....or just your typical Spring Training Reds fan.....

Senor Votto

My real prediction will be 87 wins. That should be enough to win the division.

A preliminary list has been compiled and is at the end of this post. Thanks to everyone who has participated. The final list will be compiled on the morning of Opening Day. (Simply getting a head start here) Sun Deck is certainly optimistic about the Reds chances in 2008. If our collective prognostications have any degree of accuracy about them, the Reds will seriously contend for a playoff spot this year. If anyone sees a mistake with their prediction, or wishes to change it, just PM me and I will make the necessary adjustments. The bottom three on the list did not predict the Reds to go winless. I am awaiting return PMs from them. If any new, or other, Sun Deckers wish to take a stab at the Reds' victory total for this season they are more than welcome. Once again the deadline will be the morning of Opening Day. Thanks.

Code:
    Sun Deck Member	PWT
    757690    	95
    DannyB          94
    Handofdeath	93
    Newman4	        93
    NorrisHopper30	91
    bleedsred	90
    redsfanmia	90
    LouisvilleCARDS	89
    Trace's Daddy	89
    Casey      	88
    Sir Charles	88
    whackspliff	88
    Moosie52        87
    GoReds33	87
    BearcatShane	87
    dl3looney	87
    texasdave	86
    JWP	        86
    rocko       	86
    BuckeyeRed27	86
    AmarilloRed	85
    CarolineRedleg	85
    Prf15	        85
    OSUredsFAN      85
    dlconn	        85
    reds2221        85
    Betterread	85
    AccordinglyReds	84
    BLEEDS    	83
    RedLegs1022	83
    Reds Fan Chris	83
    JBChance	82
    TheBigLebowski	82
    yab1112   	82
    bounty37h	81
    MotownRed	81
    nmculbreth	81
    Dracodave	81
    shredda2000	80
    bianchiveloce	80
    Stephenk29	80
    mound patrol	78
    CRedsLarkin11	78
    EddieMilner	78
    Grande Donkey	78
    OUReds	        78
    IowaRed   	75
    Degenerate39 	 0
    Biggin1985	 0
    gedred69  	 0

I'm going with 85. I'm usually more pessimistic, but my gut says above .500 this year.

On paper, the Pirates, Astros, and Cardinals look bad to me. That's 45 games, of which the Reds should win 2 out of every 3. 30 wins right there already. If they just split with the Brewers and Cubs, that's another 15 wins. 13 more games against bottom dwellers Washington and San Fran, so that's about 10 more wins.

I'm up to 55 wins already out of 88 games. Just win at least 30 out of the other 74, and you've got 85 wins.

See how easy that was? Print the playoff tickets right now.

Turn Off Ads?