Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Reds vs. Cubs 4/15/08 Dusty Returns to Wrigley

Re: Reds Vs. Cubs 4/15/08 Dusty Returns to Wrigley

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    You're the first to comment on the dress, my lil Small Wonder. *bats lashes*
    She never changed clothes. NEVER. And she lifted refrigerators. And no one ever suspected. Is it any wonder we follow such a terrible team, really.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Is this year's excuse for Dunn that he isn't being "protected"? If it isn't one thing, it's the other for him. The guy is getting off to a rough start. Papi is 3-40something and has Manny hitting behind him.

Edwin has a track record in this league and should provide enough "protection" for Adam Dunn. He too has gotten off to a rough start. But I don't think that the league is dumb enough to consider EE an automatic out.
    I've watched most of the games this year -- Dunn is being junkballed.

He's seeing more pitches out of the zone this year than I've ever seen before. Pitchers just don't want anything to do with him, and they're not at all worried about him being driven in.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    She never changed clothes. NEVER. And she lifted refrigerators. And no one ever suspected. Is it any wonder we follow such a terrible team, really.

She never pooped, either.

Ding ding ding!!!

If Dunn isn't legitimately protected by the end of May, I'm quitting this team. i'm serious this time. There is no excuse for that. And that's just the start of this lineup's issues.
    I would like to see Dunn bat 2nd. His number batting 2nd are great. Last year batting 2nd he hit .350 with an OPS of 1.396. The year before that batting 2nd he hit .317 with an OPS of 1.010. Of all the spots they have hit him his numbers are the best batting 2nd where he has some protection behind him. But I expect he will continue to bat 5th and will probably break the record for walks in a season since there is no reason to pitch to him without protection behind him.

Is this year's excuse for Dunn that he isn't being "protected"? If it isn't one thing, it's the other for him. The guy is getting off to a rough start. Papi is 3-40something and has Manny hitting behind him.

Edwin has a track record in this league and should provide enough "protection" for Adam Dunn. He too has gotten off to a rough start. But I don't think that the league is dumb enough to consider EE an automatic out.
    edabbs, you can talk about excuses all you want. I'm not blind to Dunn's weaknesses. But to have Dunn batting fifth as a rule is inexcusable. Being blind to his strengths is no better than being blind to his weaknesses, especially when you're a purported fan of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've watched most of the games this year -- Dunn is being junkballed.

He's seeing more pitches out of the zone this year than I've ever seen before. Pitchers just don't want anything to do with him, and they're not at all worried about him being driven in.
    Going into tonight Dunn had the same OBP as his career number, was hitting 80 points off his BA and 266 points off of his SLG.

Ummmm.....if you were the opposing team, wouldn't you pitch him the same way every game?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    She never pooped, either.
    What a life.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What a life.
    Seriously. What would you give to be run on electricity.

And, as I found out at lunch with some co-workers, APPARENTLY you're not supposed to know things like James T. Kirk's middle name ("Tiberius") or how Alf's planet blew up ("they all plugged their hair driers in at the same time").

Nobody ever told me this stuff wouldn't be on the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The bullpen is better. Affeldt has been effective. Cordero is good. Burton will be fine. Weathers will get it going.
    Affeldt has now allowed 7 baserunners in 4.2 Innings pitched with a HR. Cordero is good. Burton might be fine. Weathers has faced 24 hitters and hasn't struck out a single one of them.

This bullpen, even sans Coffey, is not our friend.

The team's direction is clearly correct. They'll be better soon.
    This team's direction is not clearly correct even though it is clearly a direction.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I'm hoping this is a SNL spoof.
    Nope.

Real, and delicious.

Check out "Back the Ranch" as a quality flavor as well.

edabbs, you can talk about excuses all you want. I'm not blind to Dunn's weaknesses. But to have Dunn batting fifth as a rule is inexcusable. Being blind to his strengths is no better than being blind to his weaknesses, especially when you're a purported fan of this team.
    We act like his hitting 5th is like him hitting 8th with the pitcher hitting behind him and Castro leading off.

Dunn needs to be able to hit in most circumstances.

We act like his hitting 5th is like him hitting 8th with the pitcher hitting behind him and Castro leading off.

Sure. And Manny Ramirez would be just as valuable to the Red Sox if he was hitting eighth and didn't have Ortiz behind him.

Edwin has been hitting like a pitcher though, sans the walks...

Speaking of what a life......

I'm closing the game thread. About an hour ago, I asked for no personal attacks.

Thanks for reinforcing the fact that game threads are becoming more and more ridiculous and redundant. Sure, blame Krivsky, blame Bob Boone, blame Dick Wagner, blame everything and how teh Reds are da suck.

Take your public spats private. We don't care. The people who read this don't care. Talk nicely. Respect each other. How hard is that? Are you guys capable of reading the below? Does Boss need to make a bigger font or something?

This is a long season and if this (and by this, I mean game thread behavior, not on-the field play) is how it's going to be all year, there won't be a year around here.

I'd rather listen to George Grande then read this stuff.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?