Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    89 people viewing a thread on an unconfirmed internet rumor?

Thursday really needs to get here, so we have something else to talk about.

Let's talk about Dunn and Strikeouts...just like the good 'ol days.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's a good read.....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

One thing to keep in mind is that Lancaster, McCoy, Fay and almost all the regulars who cover the Reds are on vacation right now, so it's possible that something big could be brewing without much of it getting leaked in Reds country. Even Marty's taking time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    If they want to dream perhaps they should try dreaming of something that actually has a chance to happen.

This doesn't.
    Oh c'mon Reds4Life, be a sport. It's like buying a lottery ticket. You know you don't really have a chance, but you exchange your $1 for that pico-second of when you check the winning numbers and think "just maybe...".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

i'm telling you what. I would be the last person, well maybe not the last, but one of the last people to tell you I'd be in favor of trading Adam Dunn and Edwin Encarnacion (much less in the same deal), but if those two would net us Ervin Santana and Miguel Cabrera, I think I'd do it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Oh c'mon Reds4Life, be a sport. It's like buying a lottery ticket. You know you don't really have a chance, but you exchange your $1 for that pico-second of when you check the winning numbers and think "just maybe...".
    Sorry, it's on the mod application, I have to be an evil killjoy at all times.

I think we all need to get lives
    Go Gators!

White Sox Fan

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I have yet to hear any remotely valid reason why the Marlins would give up Dontrelle Willis for anything, anything at this point.
    I agree, the Marlins are stacked in pitching, the last thing they need is more pitching. What the marlins need is a blue chip prospect at CF and C, and maybe not even catcher, they've got Miguel Olivo whos only 27, has a cannon for an arm, and is having a break out year at the plate, and lastly is realitvly cheap.
    Willis and Miggy are the face of that franchise now, and if they expect to land a new stadium anywhere they'll need both. This year the marlins will most likely not be reaching the post season via the wild card, but next year they will be in the hunt, and for every year after.

'07 Marlins rotation
    Willis
    Olsen
    Nolasco
    Johnson
    Sanchez

their bullpen is just as set, Tankersly is their future closer.

and all their posisiton players are settled aside from CF
    1B - Mike Jacobs
    2B - RuleV pick up Dan Uggla
    3B - Miggy
    SS - Hanley Ramierz
    LF - Josh Willingham
    CF - ???
    RF - Jeremy Hermida
    C - Miguel Olivo

i could see the marlins moving Borowski/Moheler/Herges/Mitre to the reds for Denorfia.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    So some ESPN posters (literally 2) say they heard this on ESPN Radio 1000 Chicago today. Bailey's name was mentioned as well.

I can't imagine only 1 or 2 people heard of this after 2+ hours, so I officially need to move on for the day and get some work done before I hit the Flinstone clock.
    Isn't that Chicago station famous for reporting trades that don't happen? I can't think of any specifics but I think that it's happened a few times before. But I could be very wrong.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    Isn't that Chicago station famous for reporting trades that don't happen? I can't think of any specifics but I think that it's happened a few times before. But I could be very wrong.
    I believe that's the station that all of the Griffey to ChiSox trade rumors came out of last year....
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by beautox
    i could see the marlins moving Borowski/Moheler/Herges/Mitre to the reds for Denorfia.
    Maybe they'll do a Moehler for Noochie Varner redux.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Think about this lineup...

1. Freel CF-I still believe Jr is going to the White Sox
    2. Phillips 2B
    3. Tejeda SS
    4. Dunn LF
    5. Encarnacion 3B
    6. Aurilia 1B
    7. Denorfia RF
    8. Ross C

1. Willis
    2. Arroyo
    3. Harang
    4. Ramirez
    5. White Sox pitcher for Griffey

I'll take my chances with this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    That is 670 the Score in Chicago. Most of the time it was done by Mike North. Like the one time he said the Sox traded konerko to the Reds for Junior. He also made up some story about the Illini basketball team being sick on the day of the Final 4. Ovbiously both were false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I normally read this board, but also the ESPN board.......yes, there are the occassional trolls that report stupid trades (such as this one), but they don't usually stay and defend themselves like this one has.....there seems to be something different about this poster....

Plus with the report of Buster Olney reporting the "big trade" it makes us all that much more excited. It's been so long since the Reds have been successful and we are all ready to see a winner on the field. At this point, I don't know what to think, because half of me believes that this trade could go through if we send Bailey to the Fish, but the other half of me thinks that there is no way that Baltimore does this trade......

It's going to be a fun night.......
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Freelin' it

This may sound stupid- but what exactly is the rumor(s)?

I know its probably about Kearns, but who are the teams interested in him?

Turn Off Ads?