Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

The thing that bothers me about dealing Kearns is the defense factor. He is our only above average defender in the OF and our pitchers need all he help we can get. Denorfia is a good defensive outfielder but not at the caliber of Kearns. He is our only potential gold glover... atleast in the OF (BP)

As much as I hate to ear crow (I have been a staunch supporter of Dunn and that it would be rediculous deal a franchise cornerstone of his caliber. He is a once in a decade guy but...) dealing him really makes more sense for the team. He is a liablity in left, he really needs to move to 1B. Him and Griffey in the same OF just isn't good. Hell I'd be alright with Griffey to 1b too but in reality this type of move wont happen untill Spring Training. I love Chris Denorfia and really want to see him get a significant amount of playing time, but he'd be the ideal to deal. I think this team has good chemistry and dealing Kearnsy or Dunn will put a serere ripple in that. I think Freel is too important of a super sub to deal is well.

Its a tough decison Kriv is going to have to make because we clearly still need some help and to get that we are gonna have to deal players of value... should be interesting to see what unfolds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo
    Since there's a topic now about trading, I'll throw this out. Anybody hear about Buster Olney supposedly saying on ESPN Radio the Reds have a trade brewing that could be bigger than when A-Rod going to the Yankees? Any truth to Olney actually saying it, or it being a valid rumor?
    Haven't heard anything about that.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Since there's a topic now about trading, I'll throw this out. Anybody hear about Buster Olney supposedly saying on ESPN Radio the Reds have a trade brewing that could be bigger than when A-Rod going to the Yankees? Any truth to Olney actually saying it, or it being a valid rumor?
    I haven't heard it, but who could the reds dangle that would be bigger than an A-Rod deal? Weird.

Dude, give us info.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    how about a package to include Kearns, Edwin, Claussen and Travis Wood and another prospect for Willis , Herges and Cabrera??
    i know i know Krusty,, just curious if marlins would bite
    Not too hard to believe. I've heard rumor of a possible deal involving EdE and Cabrera. I don't know who else was involved, but I don't think Willis was included in that rumor.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    I haven't heard it, but who could the reds dangle that would be bigger than an A-Rod deal? Weird.

It'd have to include Griffey and Dunn IMO.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Heard nothing of it and honestly can't see anyone in the game that is available that would be on this level.

Maybe a package deal from the Reds to whatever other team...it would be an "EXTREME MAKEOVER" type deal for both teams....that is the only way I could see those sort of words being used.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Griffey

the rumor i read was the White Sox trading Anderson & McCarty to the Giants for Jason Schmidt. Then they would need a CF and still have interest in Griffey ( amongst 1-2 others )

- Will

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    It'd have to include Griffey and Dunn IMO.
    Well, the Yankees are in bad need of OF's right now. How about this?

Jr. and Kearns for

Randy Johnson and cash.

p.s.

I agree with the trade Dunn ( not Kearns ) opinion

Dunn for Ervin Santana would be a good trade. The Reds need to look at 2006 but also 2007+

- Will

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath

Jr. and Kearns for

Randy Johnson and cash.
    The Unit is over 40 years old and ready to hang it up, no thank you to that deal.

Jr. and Kearns for

Randy Johnson and cash.
    I'd do Jr. for Randy Johnson. Don't know if they would, and don't care much.

I wouldn't do it if it was Jr. and Kearns.

The Unit's old and getting older fast.

Dude, give us info.
    That's the exent of what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    The Unit is over 40 years old and ready to hang it up, no thank you to that deal.
    Thats exactly the deal we dont need to make, sac a potential large part of our future in Kearns for a half a season rental.

Cabrerra would make sense, he a significant improvement in the field over EE and Reds have always been high on him, we should have signed him in the international market in the first place
    then again it doesnt make sense because it does nothing to address pitching unless we are getting a reliever in the deal. Borowski ne one?

How about this?

Dunn
    Jr.
    Lopez

for Jaret Wright, cash and A-Rod.

If it's that much of a blockbuster this might make a little sense. Not going to happen though.

Turn Off Ads?