Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Why would si.com say Kearns' value hasn't risen? His OPS and other numbers should be potentially the best on the market outside of Carlos Lee. In fact, in some respects, he may be as valuable as Lee (younger, better contract). Interesting note on his availability, not great analysis from them, in my opinion.
    I often wonder this. The national press doesn't seem to give our guys any amount of credit. I think there is a considerable upside to Austin Kearns, not the least of it his growing leadership on the team. I've noticed in the past month or so, him speaking up more in a "we" voice in interviews.

I'm not adverse to losing Kearns but the return has to be pretty decent, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    How about this?

Dunn
    Jr.
    Lopez

for Jaret Wright, cash and A-Rod.

If it's that much of a blockbuster this might make a little sense. Not going to happen though.

I think it would have to be a crap load of of cash.

I haven't looked at Jaret Wright's numbers this year. How's he doing?

I've been saying for weeks this lineup would be fine without Kearns and even FeLo. if we coudl get something good, I wouldn't mind trading him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Not too hard to believe. I've heard rumor of a possible deal involving EdE and Cabrera. I don't know who else was involved, but I don't think Willis was included in that rumor.
    That would make sense for the Marlins and Angels, I believe. It'd have to be Edwin going to the Marlins, Dunn going to LAA, and us getting back Cabrera from thh Fish and Santana from the Angels. With maybe a prospect from us and the Angels also going to FLA.

So, three team trade:

Reds trade: Dunn and Edwn. Reds get M. Cabrera and E. Santana
    Marlins trade: M. Cabrera. Marlins get E. Encarnacion, prospect from LAA, prospect from CIN.
    Angels trade E. Santana. Angels get A. Dunn.

Makes sense. I'd have to seriously consider that trade if I were the Reds. Cabrera and Dunn's contracts would pretty much be the same over the next 5-6 years with Cabrera being a better defender, a RH bat, and a better hitter for AVG. E. Santana would be a great addition to the rotation for this year and would start with Arroyo, Harang, and maybe Bailey in 2007, with us only needing 1 LHSP between Claussen (if healthy) or Milton (if healthy) to serve as the 5th man.

Interesting.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

5-5 4.23 Era

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    I think it would have to be a crap load of of cash.

I haven't looked at Jaret Wright's numbers this year. How's he doing?
    He is 5-5 with a 4.23 ERA.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Not too hard to believe. I've heard rumor of a possible deal involving EdE and Cabrera. I don't know who else was involved, but I don't think Willis was included in that rumor.
    In May, Marty said there was a rumor running wild about a Edwin for D-Train trade.

The Marlins must have alot of interest in Edwin if they are going after him again.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Another thing to think about. The Reds wanted to trade Kearns to the Royals for Greinke last season but the Royals said no. Would you do that trade now?

Another thing to think about. The Reds wanted to trade Kearns to the Royals for Greinke last season but the Royals said no. Would you do that trade now?
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    He is 5-5 with a 4.23 ERA.
    He started out poorly and has had a couple of dang good games recently. But I still wouldn't trust him. He's inconsistent and injury-prone.

There's not a Yankees pitcher I'd take whom they'd be willing to give up(Mussina, Wang). A-Rod's contract is untouchable; he has a no-trade clause.

I like the Santana trade ok -- I think he has a lot of potential -- but still for me there's no way I'd get rid of Dunn, not before free agency. He's the franchise player; you build your team around him, not the other way around.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

No way!!!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo
    Since there's a topic now about trading, I'll throw this out. Anybody hear about Buster Olney supposedly saying on ESPN Radio the Reds have a trade brewing that could be bigger than when A-Rod going to the Yankees? Any truth to Olney actually saying it, or it being a valid rumor?
    I am not sure if it is true but if it is an A-Rod type deal, it would have to involve Griffey Jr. Could this be why he did not start and ONLY pinch hit on Sunday?
    (They did not want to risk him getting hurt before a deal was made.)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Haunted by walks

Re: Griffey

Quote Originally Posted by Will M
    the rumor i read was the White Sox trading Anderson & McCarty to the Giants for Jason Schmidt. Then they would need a CF and still have interest in Griffey ( amongst 1-2 others )

- Will
    Yes, it's probably this one:

White Sox Pursuing Jason Schmidt?
    Of couple of ESPN columnists seem to have independently arrived at the same trade rumor in their blogs in recent days. Buster Olney's source is a "talent evaluator" while Jayson Stark got word from "an executive who has heard this talk."

According to Olney and Stark, the White Sox would trade Brandon McCarthy and Brian Anderson to the Giants for Jason Schmidt. The Sox would then acquire a center fielder in a separate trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/0...sox_pursu.html

Well, the Yankees are in bad need of OF's right now. How about this?

Jr. and Kearns for

Randy Johnson and cash.
    Gotta say that if you trade Kearns it should only be for an Arroyo type deal--a good, young pitcher with a manageable contract who could be in the rotation for several years. I could see letting Griff go b/c his and Johnson's contracts and years before retirement are probably about the same.

Re: Griffey

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003
    Yes, it's probably this one:

White Sox Pursuing Jason Schmidt?
    Of couple of ESPN columnists seem to have independently arrived at the same trade rumor in their blogs in recent days. Buster Olney's source is a "talent evaluator" while Jayson Stark got word from "an executive who has heard this talk."

According to Olney and Stark, the White Sox would trade Brandon McCarthy and Brian Anderson to the Giants for Jason Schmidt. The Sox would then acquire a center fielder in a separate trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/0...sox_pursu.html
    The Reds could have gotten Freddy Garcia a couple years back for Aaron Boone but Leather Pants was too much of a jerk. Think about that rotation for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?