Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns on the block

Re: Kearns on the block

Well, at least it's kind of nice that we are talking about a front office that is "potentially" being very proactive in trading to win now.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Well, at least it's kind of nice that we are talking about a front office that is "potentially" being very proactive in trading to win now.
    It's All Star day, and every baseball fan in America is bored out of their minds. Idle hands and PlayStation GM thinking breeds stupidity.

At the risk of sounding like FCB (much love, bro), Dontrelle Willis has about as much of a chance of becoming a Red as I do...

...and I top out at 77 on the gun.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I checked and the kid who posted the rumor hasn't posted on the board in a few months so take that for what it's worth. The other guy who is saying that the trade is being made is a regular on the board and evidentally doesn't post crap like that on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    It's All Star day, and every baseball fan in America is bored out of their minds. Idle hands and PlayStation GM thinking breeds stupidity.

At the risk of sounding like FCB (much love, bro), Dontrelle Willis has about as much of a chance of becoming a Red as I do...

...and I top out at 77 on the gun.

Dude, you've got Joe Mays beat. You should try out.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Huh, so I'm bored at work looking at those threads - and some other joker says he talked to Tracy Jones at WLW and confirmed "a big trade" to be announced tomorrow.

They said mention of it was made on ESPN Radio 100 around 1:50 pm or so today.

It all centers around Willis to Cincy - I still can't even get myself to believe it just for kicks, or a scenario where that would actually happen, ecspecially since it's a regurgitated rumor from earlier this year that was complete hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Huh, so I'm bored at work looking at those threads - and some other joker says he talked to Tracy Jones at WLW and confirmed "a big trade" to be announced tomorrow.
    Well, if it's on the Internet it MUST be true. :
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack

They said mention of it was made on ESPN Radio 100 around 1:50 pm or so today.

It all centers around Willis to Cincy - I still can't even get myself to believe it just for kicks, or a scenario where that would actually happen, ecspecially since it's a regurgitated rumor from earlier this year that was complete hogwash.
    What joker? I'm bored too.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Man if it's true, imagine the buzz at the old ballyard. But that's the kool-aid drinking optimist in me talking.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

If Kearns get dealt I think you need to look to Wayne's old stomping grounds for the trade partner.

I guess there could be some truth to talks being out there. We know that the Reds are willing to part with Kearns, and we know that Edwin hasn't gotten the starts he should this past week, so maybe he's available. I could see Florida being interested in both of those guys.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    What joker? I'm bored too.
    exactly what i was thinking
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    If Kearns get dealt I think you need to look to Wayne's old stomping grounds for the trade partner.

Wellllll, okay....I GUESS I'd take Liriano instead of Willis.

Just for fun...

Willis
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Ramirez
    Milton

Get some more bullpen help closer to the deadline...

As weak as the NL is this year, I'd take my chances with that.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Wellllll, okay....I GUESS I'd take Liriano instead of Willis.
    I would likely involve Baker

I wouldn't trust the ESPN boards to report the sky color.

Interesting though
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?