Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

I'm not sure that I trust Walt Jocketty or anyone with this ship right now. It's obvious that anyone working under Castellini is under major pressure and needs to make drastic moves. Drastic usually doesn't work in April.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yep. We fired Krivsky because we're 9-12. The losing has to stop. In order for it to stop, we need to delegate more and embrace microbiology (I guess because they talked a lot about culturing stuff). Luckily we have a GM candidate that only has half his heart in it so he's definately on board with delegating but he's a proven winner too so he fits right in with our new branding.

Meanwhile, we'll work on getting our ownership to actually be able to articulate it's vision perhaps first by making ownership actually come up with one....

There you go jojo, being serious again. That just doesn't fit in with the Redzone culture.

YOUR FIRED!
    Pennant or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Gregg Doyel:

And this is why I hate Cincinnati...

I don't know anything about Gregg Doyel other than occasionally hearing him on the radio but this short editorial smacks of loser.
    I'd be embarrassed to sign my name to it. He sounds like the sarcastic "loser" who isn't invited to the "cool" kids' parties.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yep. We fired Krivsky because we're 9-12. The losing has to stop. In order for it to stop, we need to delegate more and embrace microbiology (I guess because they talked a lot about culturing stuff). Luckily we have a GM candidate that only has half his heart in it so he's definately on board with delegating but he's a proven winner too so he fits right in with our new branding.

Meanwhile, we'll work on getting our ownership to actually be able to articulate it's vision perhaps first by making ownership actually come up with one....

Good one. Things are never boring with the Reds, oh, except for that losing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    So. Would you trade Bailey for Hamilton right now?

Rem

Interesting proposition.

Yes, I would.

As for the Dunn/Bailey for Kemp scenario, I'd do that too if I had determined that I couldn't re-sign Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I'm not sure that I trust Walt Jocketty or anyone with this ship right now. It's obvious that anyone working under Castellini is under major pressure and needs to make drastic moves. Drastic usually doesn't work in April.
    You know, that's the whole punch line. Maybe Wayne was to methodic for Bob. Moved too slow, held too much in, didn't seek advice enough. Wayne just hoped it all would pan out, kind of like 'the trade'. If you just sit and mummble to yourself in the corner, it will fix itself. Wayne got gun shy and was scared of finding another Majewski before he found another Phillips.

I also expect Walt has orders to 'fix it' fast.
    Pennant or bust!

Who would you rather have, Hamilton or Kemp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Worries me most that Cast's win-now attitude, while admirable in a way, actually shows no knowledge of baseball and particularly of this team, which is not yet near being a contender. I expect bad, short-horizon moves to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Who would you rather have, Hamilton or Kemp?
    Not aimed at me, but I'd take Kemp without even blinking. 3 years younger. Better defender. No health concerns. Easy call.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I don't think I have ever agreed with Gregg Doyel.

He is a bad writer and a twit. I'm not surprised he's Daugherty's bestest buddy.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 04-23-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Not aimed at me, but I'd take Kemp without even blinking. 3 years younger. Better defender. No health concerns. Easy call.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    So. Would you trade Bailey for Hamilton right now?

Rem
    Nope. I was 100% for the Hamilton/Volquez trade and still am.

I think Hamilton is a ticking timebomb. One that may never go off, but the thought that it could is serious enough to make me happy he's raking in Texas.

Volquez is a dynamite pitcher. Bailey could end up being better with just a little more seasoning. He is still very young.
    Last edited by TRF; 04-23-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I don't think I have never agreed with Gregg Doyel.

He is a bad writer and a twit. I'm not surprised he's Daugherty's bestest buddy.
    Lucky that you never had to hear him on Homer before he was let go there.

Absolutely the most negative man I have ever heard on a radio. He hated everything. I am quickly becoming a grumpy old man, but this guy was light years ahead of me. And he's still a young guy.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Kid must be the best ever?! Better defender? I obviously haven't seen much of Kemp but he would have to be pretty special out there to be better than Hamilton. Unless you are using only Hamilton's limited time out in CF last year after all that time off, I don't see it.

Not to say I would or wouldn't do that deal but I have a hard time buying that one RMR.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I don't think I have never agreed with Gregg Doyel.

Double negative. What do you really mean?

Turn Off Ads?