Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

I hope I get the Cincinnati feed on Extra Innings tonight. Should be some good comentary.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Reds are going to out-Steinbrenner everyone.
    Goodness, I hope so.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    On the other hand, he may be best remembered for his biggest deal, in which he dealt away Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez in an attempt to bolster the Reds’ bullpen back in 2006. The trade was a disaster, and overshadows what was actually a solid record outside of it.
    I hope that Wayne eventually spills the full story of his reasoning behind The Trade. I always felt like his public story was tempered by defensiveness and by a desire to avoid pointing out the flaws in the players he traded away. Now that he's not attached to the organizations involved in it, I hope that he can be more candid.
    /r/reds

The more I think about this, one event sticks out as one of the nails in the coffin of Wayne Krivsky and may give us insight into the man's communication skills that someone mentioned.

I hae no ideas where I read this, but apparently somewhere Dusty mentioned that he had no idea Wayne was acquiring Josh Fogg. The disaster that Fogg became probably hacked off Dusty and he began to lobby for Wayne's dismissal. Also consider the little problems with Bucky Dent and Johnny Alvarez.

Just a theory. If a guy is looking to fire someone, he didn't need amunition from the manager and other cronies.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

How is Dusty not the first (or 2nd behind the owner) guy that Krivsky notifies when signing somebody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    How is Dusty not the first (or 2nd behind the owner) guy that Krivsky notifies when signing somebody?
    Exactly. But the story goes along with his handling of The Trade when advisors said no and Wayne did what he wanted to anyway.

You can do this stuff if you win. The Reds didn't win.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Kudos to Boss and all who have kept this site from shutting down under all this action!!
    I am absolutely thrilled with this. GREAT news. First, we conquer our division, and then the world!!! Bwa ha ha ha ha!! (yay)

I don't think a 9-12 start was enough to get WK fired, I don't think poor internal comunications or external communications or THE TRADE or dead money or poor roster construction orany one single thing got Krivsky fired. I think all of them together were enough.

Krivsky was in the last year of his contract and BCast had to make a decision on whether to re-up him or not and I think he finally made the decision that he would not extend him, so why wait until they might be 12-25 or 18-40?

Especially when he had someone that he trusted and respected in-house in Jocketty. I think that Krivsky did some positive things during his tenure, but there were enough questionable decision also to keep me from second-guessing the move.

I think changes are coming and the period between now and the trading deadline should be most interesting.

There are some bright spots on this club, but there are more than enough things not to like. I believe that Jocketty has had more than enough timeto identify some that he doesn't care ofr and he doesn't strike me as someone who is going to wait months to put his own stamp on a club he runs.

It wouldn't surprise me if he receives congratulatory calls from former trading partners in the next couple of days and it would surprise me even less if he didn't use those calls to start stoking the trade fires - starting with fortifying the bench.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Yeah, like 21 games will tell you that much

I think Cast needs some prozac.
    BCast, wearing long black cape and in a deep voice right out of The Empire Strikes Back

"Apology accepted, Commander Krivsky"

(cue the stormtrooper music)

Dum Dum Dum, duh-da-dah, duh-da-dah...
    Never overlook the obvious

After reading many articles written on this topic, I noted (and, for the most part, rightfully so) that most of the authors were quick to bring up Arroyo as Wayne's claim to fame. His biggest and best move. The one that put him on the map.

Lucky for him that he won't be around for the end of the Arroyo story, as I have a feeling that this one is going to end badly. That extension is looking worse by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    After reading many articles written on this topic, I noted (and, for the most part, rightfully so) that most of the authors were quick to bring up Arroyo as Wayne's claim to fame. His biggest and best move. The one that put him on the map.

Lucky for him that he won't be around for the end of the Arroyo story, as I have a feeling that this one is going to end badly. That extension is looking worse by the day.
    Krivsky's claim to fame may be giving out extensions that were not needed. Arroyo, Freel, Coffey, Cormier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2 year deal for Stanton, ANOTHER deal for Castro,

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The Reds have what appears to be good starting pitching for the first time in decades.

The Reds have what appears to be healthy pitching prospects moving steadily up the talent pipeline in the minor leagues.

The Reds are continuing to develop bats, many of which were acquired in the two recent drafts of the Krivsky era.

At the end of the day, I was a Wayne Krivsky supporter. He was working within the constraints of small market -- small market demands you nibble at the corners for some things while spending big money on others. Small market demands you gamble occasionally and hope to land the big score. He swung and miss on a few, he hit big on a few others.

The core of this team (Votto, Phillips, Keppinger, Dunn, Cueto, Volquez, Harang) WILL win. I'd lay my own money that they will be a postseason team within the next two years. Jocketty will get the credit, but it will be Krivsky that laid the foundation for this to happen.

I wish Wayne nothing but the best.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The Reds have what appears to be good starting pitching for the first time in decades.

The Reds have what appears to be healthy pitching prospects moving steadily up the talent pipeline in the minor leagues.

The Reds are continuing to develop bats, many of which were acquired in the two recent drafts of the Krivsky era.

At the end of the day, I was a Wayne Krivsky supporter. He was working within the constraints of small market -- small market demands you nibble at the corners for some things while spending big money on others. Small market demands you gamble occasionally and hope to land the big score. He swung and miss on a few, he hit big on a few others.

The core of this team (Votto, Phillips, Keppinger, Dunn, Cueto, Volquez, Harang) WILL win. I'd lay my own money that they will be a postseason team within the next two years. Jocketty will get the credit, but it will be Krivsky that laid the foundation for this to happen.

I wish Wayne nothing but the best.
    Good post. I agree with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Krivsky's claim to fame may be giving out extensions that were not needed. Arroyo, Freel, Coffey, Cormier.
    Owner needs to sign off on stuff like that.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?