Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

It's pretty rare to fire a GM during the season.....unless there is an obvious choice waiting in the wings.....

If this is true, I'd love to hear the rationale.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

My initial reaction is a big ol' Huh?

Film at 11.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Wow! That is shocking. Looks like Jocketty was in from the start. I hope it works out but I really think Krivsky did a good job and got kind of a raw deal,JMO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I don't like it. At all. Kriv has done a good job IMO.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Daugherty on 1530 with Eggers right now, and he says that it is, indeed, Jocketty taking over.

He cites WK's lack of people skills, and, in particular, stuff like conflicts with Johnny Alvarez as being among the reasons.
    Daugherty again saying that WK was "rough on people" within the organization and was a concern for the club "for some time".

Also, Daugherty says this can be taken as a sign of just how impatient to get things moving to winning that Castellini is. He doesn't think Monday night's stinkfest helped matters either.

High five!

Whoa! Didn't see that one coming! Things are about to get very interesting.

I wish he would have at least been able to negotiate Dunn's contract. I am absolutely shocked. This must've been purely political.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I don't like it. At all. Kriv has done a good job IMO.
    agreed - he's certainly done more good than bad.

Well that was unexpected.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quite stunning if true, considering the good spirits Wayne seemed to be in during the game broadcast the other night. I thought he seemed the least uptight that I've ever seen him in a public appearance. Certainly not the picture of a man who recognizes that his job is on the line.

I guess Bob doesn't want to have to make good on his pledge to fire himself if the Reds don't win this season!
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Quite stunning if true, considering the good spirits Wayne seemed to be in during the game broadcast the other night. I thought he seemed the least uptight that I've ever seen him in a public appearance. Certainly not the picture of a man who recognizes that his job is on the line.
    Maybe he already knew he was out and was just sort of making the rounds. Sometimes when there's writing on the wall, having it decided and over with is a relief.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The timing on this one sure is odd. "People skills" seems like a strange reason to let a GM go now, makes me think he may have said something really stupid to the wrong person.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    How soon before Jocketty starts trading all our young prospects?
    I was just thinking the same thing...

Walt knows we aren't close to winning. Let's see what he does to change that.

That's stunning. And if his people skills were such a big concern, they should've made this move during the offseason, unless there was an incident more recently that pushed him over the edge.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Maybe we can bring Sean Casey back now.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?