Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I wish he would have at least been able to negotiate Dunn's contract. I am absolutely shocked. This must've been purely political.
    There has to be something going on behind the scenes. The big 'C' might be frustrated over not finding a right handed hitter. He knows there is a glowing weakness on the team and the GM seems to be doing nothing to fix it. Jocketty is in the office pointing out the glaring problem with the team and how he would fix it. (all my speculation of course)

Is anyone else is carrying this story?
    Pennant or bust!

2. Turn Off Ads?

C Trent on 1530 now...his guesses:

Combination of the money tied up in bad contracts for players let go (Castro, Stanton), roster mismanagement (the Ross conundrum today).

C Trent doesn't think the writing was always on the wall with regard to Jocketty taking over, thinks that Jocketty really didn't want to be thrust into this position right now.

Maybe Cast is really fed up with eating all these contracts?? Could Juan Castro have pushed him over the edge?!
    Go BLUE!!!

Citing people skills as the reason should help ease Krivsky's transition into another FO........ NOT.

It's a head scratcher.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Can't say I'm unhappy.

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing...

Walt knows we aren't close to winning. Let's see what he does to change that.
    I know every prospect doesn't pan out. But I'd hate to think he's going to come in and deal a Cueto, a Bruce, a Bailey for someone just because we need a RH bat.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Props to WK for all his good moves but it's so obvious now that the Jocketty hiring was a presage to this. I am stunned, though. I'll say this. Castellini is showing he is serious. Win. No excuses. Amazing.

Holy Crap. So sudden. I don't know what to thnk. Unexpected on my end, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I know every prospect doesn't pan out. But I'd hate to think he's going to come in and deal a Cueto, a Bruce, a Bailey for someone just because we need a RH bat.
    That is my biggest fear. If Cueto, Volquez, or Bruce is traded, I will freak out- literally.
    Go BLUE!!!

I wonder how Jocketty feels about Bruce being in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Walt knows we aren't close to winning.
    I don't get this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I wonder how Jocketty feels about Bruce being in AAA.
    We'll probably find out in fairly short order.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm shocked. Krisky blew a few (specially on the contract side), but I'd say his overall performance was on the plus side. No one was better picking up gems for almost nothing.

This is bad news as far as I'm concerned. I'm not convinced Jocketty can do better.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That is my biggest fear. If Cueto, Volquez, or Bruce is traded, I will freak out- literally.
    Mine too. I'm afraid they will go out and trade one of their grade A prospects for someone with a big name who is on the verge of being washed up.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I thought Daugherty's column this morning was incredibly stupid - looking at things completely black and white as opposed to keeping our eyes on the future while striving to succeed in the present. I know that has been a dichotomy here on RZ. I think this will prove to be an bad move, setting us back. WK wasn't Mr. Excitement, and he certainly could be taciturn with moves, but I think this organization has been on the upswing; this season's start notwithstanding.

Wow. Castellini caves to the mobs led by the likes of Paul Daugherty.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?