Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Re: Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

My guess is that Cast wanted Krivsky out in the off season but Jocketty said no - I'll be an advisor but not the GM. The bad start gave Cast what he wanted all along.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not very pleased with this. You can say goodbye to our strong farm system. After all these years of having nothing in the farm, Wayne was able to build it up into a top notch system. Damn.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Fay sez Krivsky FIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    I don't get this sentiment.
    If the plan is to win in 2008, then we're not even remotely close.

If the plan is to win in 2009, there's still time to make that happen.

I don't like it. I've been very lukewarm on Krivsky, but I don't like what this signals about the organization. What have they learned early inthe season that they didn't know before it started. It tells me this organziation doesn't really know what it's doing. This makes little sense to me unless there's something there we just don't know about.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm not stunned. The roster is disaster with redundant parts, the team is struggling.

I have never been a big WK fan but I will take a wait and see attitude no matter the GM. If there is an area that seemed to improve under WK is was player development(but maybe it was just luck).

In addition, there is anecdotal evidence that WK wanted "yes" men and tended to ignore contrary opinions.

Very surprising. There better be more to the story.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I hope Jocketty doesn't start trading off any of the young guys.

ESPN's picked up on Doc's column and is reporting the firing now. I have to admit, I never saw it coming mid season. Just doesn't make sense. There's little a new GM can do this time of year anyway.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm not very pleased with this. You can say goodbye to our strong farm system. After all these years of having nothing in the farm, Wayne was able to build it up into a top notch system. Damn.
    I dunno. Should Clinton get credit for the economy of the 90's or should he get credit for not screwing it up?

That's kind of where I am with Krivsky and his stewardship of the Reds farm.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

ESPN.com seems to blame The Trade, showing they aren't the most in-touch group.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Az Red View Post
    I don't buy the 'money tied up in bad contracts'. Mr. C just lost a bunch of money by firing Kriv. It puts him in a worse financial situation. It always comes down to wins and losses. There's got to be more to this story.
    He ate a lot more cutting Juan Castro than he did by firing Krivsky.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I dunno. Should Clinton get credit for the economy of the 90's or should he get credit for not screwing it up?

That's kind of where I am with Krivsky and his stewardship of the Reds farm.
    Beat me to it. DanO had some very nice drafts.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Well. We have a name manager and name GM. We're all set.

I can't help but think there was a major disagreement with a player personel move that Krivsky said something to the tone of "I won't do that, you will have to fire me in order to do that".

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Why again exactly?

It sure wasn't his drafts - Krivsky did take talent that was already within the system and put policies and procedures in place that streamlined things and allowed for development but who is to say that those things are going anywhere?

Again, his two first round picks have been Stubbs and Merasco (sp?) - his other picks are at low levels and there is no guarantee how they'll end up, but I can't say I'm too sorry that he won't be handing the number 7 overall pick this year.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?