Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Reds @ Dodgers 5/21/08

Re: Reds @ Dodgers 5/21/08

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Reds doing their best to completely waste away everything they did last week.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if that's exactly what they do.
    I stand by my prediction on the 1st page of this thread. Of course for it to happen the Reds will have to sweep the Padres. Do I think it'll happen? In a word. Yes.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fantastic PBP last night CE. Well done.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I stand by my prediction on the 1st page of this thread. Of course for it to happen the Reds will have to sweep the Padres. Do I think it'll happen? In a word. Yes.
    I would for nothing more than you being correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I would for nothing more than you being correct!
    Me too. I don't think the Pads have a chance in Hades to hit Harang or Volquez, which will give them some momentum for the final 2 games. Arroyo should be able to hold them to a pair or so. Belisles start scares me a bit, but he did look better the other night.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Based on the starters going, the Reds definitely have the advantage.....at least early in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I don't think the Pads have a chance in Hades to hit Harang or Volquez, which will give them some momentum for the final 2 games.

Towers will promote some guy from AAA who will go 15 for 15 in the series with like 8 homers.

Reds have been writing these sitcom scripts for years.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Towers will promote some guy from AAA who will go 15 for 15 in the series with like 8 homers.

Reds have been writing these sitcom scripts for years.
    It's funny because it's true.

Reds @ Dodgers 5/19-20-21/08

Reds were swept by the Dodgers. Notice it was our 3-4-5 pitchers.
    While the Reds may win with defensive miscues and weak hitting with Harang or Volquez on the mound they have to play much better when the 3-4-5 starters go. Actually the pitching was ok in LA but we still got swept.

Re: Reds @ Dodgers 5/19-20-21/08

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Reds were swept by the Dodgers. Notice it was our 3-4-5 pitchers.
    While the Reds may win with defensive miscues and weak hitting with Harang or Volquez on the mound they have to play much better when the 3-4-5 starters go. Actually the pitching was ok in LA but we still got swept.
    The Dodgers averaged 5 runs per game. The Reds averaged 2.7. Yes, the pitching could have been better and God knows the poor defense didn't help, but offense was truly the "problem", if you want to pin it on any one thing.

The Reds could've allowed 4 per game, would've justly called it a good pitching series, and still would've been outscored by more than a run per game.

We could be better across the board. But this team's inability to score at least a handful of runs every night is simply appalling given it's talent. I can't imagine why it's happening.....
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The Reds gave up 15 runs in the Dodgers series, and four of those runs were unearned, and really two more should have been unearned. That is unacceptable. I forget who said it on the post game show last night but it was pointed out that with better defense the Reds could have possibly taken two of three. I agree. Yeah, the offense was awful and they clearly at fault for the Reds getting swept but the defense was embarrassing.

Turn Off Ads?