Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Game Thread Policy

Re: New Game Thread Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Agreed, REDREAD. I think this is especially important for those of us that are going to the game and would like to discuss/read about the lineup or pitchers or whatever before they have to leave. I mean, I too understand the desire to limit the amount of moderation required, but even when the lineups were posted some 3 odd hours before game time there would be 2, maybe 3 pages tops consisting of 1 line posts about the lineups. That doesn't seem too cumbersome to me.

I never thought of people heading off to the game or even work later. I still think that three pages etc should be spent on the ORG to not clutter the opening of the game threads. Especially since we have been hitting the lineups pretty hard with negativity lately and will probably continue until the manager sees fit to comply with us.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball
    Not trying to tick anybody off, but the game threads were suspended for nearly a month, so there was plenty of time to figure all this out.
    It was figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    All game threads will be started by a moderator 15 minutes or so before every game. If starting lineups are posted prior to the 15 minutes, the thread will be locked and be re-opened. Be patient. We'll let you in the gates before the game starts.
    If you have something new and insightful to add regarding lineup ideas, you are free to post it in this forum. However, the threads that start three hours before first pitch containing the same old gripes about the lineup du jour are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It's just the first day, guys. Let them get their ducks in a row for the maiden voyage before you complain. Sheesh!
    That's not RZ, also somehow this is all Adam's fault.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    If you have something new and insightful to add regarding lineup ideas, you are free to post it in this forum. However, the threads that start three hours before first pitch containing the same old gripes about the lineup du jour are done.
    Fair enough. I didn't realize it was a conscious decision rather than an oversight. I still feel like they should be opened earlier than 15 mins. before gametime; but yeah, it's tough to cut down on the lineup gripes otherwise.

I guess the only insightful idea I might have is to move the discussion to chat for those who want to talk about it. Of course chat isn't ideal for response to what other people say (can't quote and you have to be in the room the entire time), but if enough people participate (SDers are obviously welcome too), I think it'd actually become the solution to the problem.

Ok.. I didn't realize that it was an intentional effort to get the board to stop talking about lineups. If that was the intent, it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Ok.. I didn't realize that it was an intentional effort to get the board to stop talking about lineups. If that was the intent, it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    If it was original, thought-provoking material, we obviously wouldn't have any problems with it, but the previous pre-game thread lineup "discussions" added very little to the board, in our collective opinion. It was the same people complaining about the same things each and every day.

If it was original, thought-provoking material, we obviously wouldn't have any problems with it, but the previous pre-game thread lineup "discussions" added very little to the board, in our collective opinion. It was the same people complaining about the same things each and every day.
    I can see that point.. I didn't mean to sound sarcastic in my reply.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I can see that point.. I didn't mean to sound sarcastic in my reply.
    No problem...you didn't.

Well its been sometime since i've been on RZ or even posted for that matter....

But here is my lone suggestion for the GT.

Make it a pay service.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Well its been sometime since i've been on RZ or even posted for that matter....

But here is my lone suggestion for the GT.

Make it a pay service.
    We've been down that road before to ugly results. RZ turned into a civil war between the "haves" and the "have nots".
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?