Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Reds vs Braves 5/30/08

Re: Reds vs Braves 5/30/08

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Burton is a much better pitcher than Acosta. It's not even close...

The grass is always greener?
    We'll see by the end of the season. Acosta's ceiling is higher, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    So, does Bruce win the NL Player of the Week award?
    Week?

He should win the NL Player of the Ever award for the week he's had.

And he still doesn't have a HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    We'll see by the end of the season. Acosta's ceiling is higher, IMO.
    Maybe the ceiling in his apartment... :

The lack of appreciation for Burton is unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Week?

He should win the NL Player of the Ever award for the week he's had.

And he still doesn't have a HR.
    it is nice to see him hitting the ball where it is pitched and not swinging for the fences. the home runs will come.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I was in RF tonight.

A cocky drunk young person comes up in the 9th inning and sits in front of us. Hasn't sat there the whole night. He yells down to Griffey, "Hey Griffey, have some more meatloaf." Then yells, "How about that Dunn guy, he can never do it when it matters...he sucks" and yells this really loud and obnoxious. The guy is really into himself.

I had thought I stumbled into a perfect dream.

I lean forward and ask him if he's ever played baseball in his life. It's all I could come up with, but it felt like the right thing to ask him. He looks at me shocked that someone had called him out and looks back and says "yeah, but Dunn sucks."

I am not kidding.

I tell him in so many words that he has no idea what he is talking about. Before he can say another word I tell him again that he has no idea what he's talking about. He tries to mutter something else and AGAIN I tell him he has no idea what he's talking about and now he's embarrassing himself. By the end of the inning he and his wife-beater wearing buddies get up and leave.

This might have been the first time I've ever called anyone out at a Reds game and it felt good. I was so hoping that Phillips would leave it up to Dunn somehow to win it but he didn't and I never saw the little rat again.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    No burgers, just shakes.
    Does your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    That second ball wasn't really Chipper's fault. He was playing for the bunt and Phillips hit it so hard he had no chance to react.
    The film online at reds.com looked like it shot right by him, not through his legs. I saw someone here reported it as that and then Fay did too in this morning's paper (is Fay reading Redszone's PBP for his stories?). Am I mistaken about that going by him, not through him? He looked rather statue like and playing in would have been why, but again, didn't look like a wicket shot.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?