Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Reds @ Fish 6/7/08

Re: Reds @ Fish 6/7/08

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Probably... but I'm betting Burton couldn't do that for cheaper.
    No doubt. But bottom line is that Cordero's contract makes less sense when you see the team around him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't know why, but every time he comes in, I cringe a bit because it seems you never know what you're going to get... except drama. He almost always puts someone on base.

As much as I've heard that he's "lights out", both from broadcaster commentary and on this board, I've never agreed with that phrase as it applies to Cordero.

I will continue to cringe when he takes the mound, but hopefully down the line, he'll perform well enough that I'll no longer do that.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I don't know why, but every time he comes in, I cringe a bit because it seems you never know what you're going to get... except drama. He almost always puts someone on base.

As much as I've heard that he's "lights out", both from broadcaster commentary and on this board, I've never agreed with that phrase as it applies to Cordero.

I will continue to cringe when he takes the mound, but hopefully down the line, he'll perform well enough that I'll no longer do that.
    I think he's lights out, but he's on a dimmer switch.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

You've been saying this for a while. And his numbers have been catching up to your feelings.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?