Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 Bowman

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 08 Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    The sports trading card business changed in the '90's more toward a focus on the special inserts and away from general card collecting. Subsequently the prices for packs of cards increased dramatically. It became a business to all - including kids. Hopefully the new Topps cards will stay around because they are more geared toward collecting.
    Well it depends. Collecting is a pretty interesting term. I only collect rookie cards and autographs. Some guys only collect sets. Some guys only collect specific teams. No matter who/what you collect, there is a nice little niche for you in the hobby still.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Any of oyu collectors bust open any 08 Bowmansyet? I busted 2 boxes, got some of the Reds prospects, am trying to figure out how many/who is in the set-rookies, first cards, etc. How did you guys do for autos/mem cards?
    08 Bowman Chrome i have seen Ben Juckich and Sean Henry

^ I got both those guys, is that all the Reds in the set as far as rooks or 1'st year cards?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well it depends. Collecting is a pretty interesting term. I only collect rookie cards and autographs. Some guys only collect sets. Some guys only collect specific teams. No matter who/what you collect, there is a nice little niche for you in the hobby still.
    Doug, your so right, I have complained before about the hobby changing so much (too many products, mem cards-why ruin a great jersey for a .5 inch piece of cloth that you can hardly tell what it was?), but your point is taken, there is a niche for everyone, if they have any desire. My niche is kind of broad, I collect cards still, but as I said, limited now to only couple releases each year, and rarely put sets together unless just love the set-like last years A&G. I collect autos of all kinds, and Reds mem of all types. My wife has started to really enjoy busting packs, and will buy them for us now, but think she mostly likes the thrill of looking for the big hit, they are like lotto tix to her

i pulled a johnny cueto 2008 topps chrome auto printing plate...the card is a 1 of 1!!! pretty sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by juvey21 View Post
    i pulled a johnny cueto 2008 topps chrome auto printing plate...the card is a 1 of 1!!! pretty sharp.
    omg.....

nice pull

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    omg.....

nice pull
    thanks!!!

I really haven't bought or seriously collected cards in years. I guess you can't really say I outgrew it, although I think when you're a kid you get more excited about what you might possibly find in a pack or box. It's just more a case of my time and money going to other things.

I still think one of the best finds or pulls I ever managed to accomplish though occurred when I bought a "grab bag" of 1985 Donruss team sets for like $1 and when I opened it up, it was the Boston Red Sox team set with a Clemens rookie right on top. Of course, that was pre controversy.

Turn Off Ads?