Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 6/26 Reds at Jay

Re: 6/26 Reds at Jay

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lincoln has only walked nine batters in 34.2 innings.
    You're right - I jst checked. That's what I get being old - I could have sworn I heard Marty say he had 26 walks in 34 innings when he came in. My ears are old...my face is red

2. Turn Off Ads?

Grande talking about The Fielding Bible. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 out and the Reds down 7-1, Hairston fails to hit a 6-run home run. He flies out to center instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Grande talking about The Fielding Bible. I'm very pleasantly surprised.
    I remember Marty alluding to the Fielding Bible when the Astros were in town for a weekend series during the early part of '06. Marty was saying something to the effect that he doesn't care what numbers are spit out by stats, he'd take Lopez' bat over Everett's glove any day of the week.

The comment really wasn't ready for the shelf at the time he made it and it certainly hasn't aged well either.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Dunn with a leadoff double in the 9th. As to be expected, he didn't advance another base.

Reds take a real hit to their pythag this series losing 8,000,000 to 1 in the first game, winning by 1 in the second, and losing 7-1 tonight.

Hopefully the Reds can do better at the Jake this weekend.

Dunn doubles
    BP flies out
    Junior pops out
    Votto walks
    Valentin fans. Reds lose 7-1

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Brantley says EV is leaving his elbow down on every pitch and Marty is saying yes, and someone should be going out there to tell him..conect the dots Marty said
    If Brantley can see those things, Dick Pole should be able to see more....he's a pitching coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    If Brantley can see those things, Dick Pole should be able to see more....he's a pitching coach.
    Maybe Brantley isn't seeing what he thinks he's seeing..... I think we shouldn't be so quick to accept Brantley's opinion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Also, in Dick Pole's defense, perhaps he did see it but it isn't that easy to correct. I know the last time I took a lesson from a pro for my golf swing he noticed a problem right away but it took me a lot of time and practice to work it out of my swing. Sometimes it's not as easy as saying, "Oh hey, you're doing this wrong. Stop doing that," and everything's fixed, especially in the middle of a game.

Perhaps (emphasis on perhaps) this is something Volquez is going to have to work out of, much like Harang is trying to do right now.

Turn Off Ads?