Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Reds @ Tribe 6/28/08

Re: 6/28/08 vs Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Anyone going down for the Ohio Cup Parade?

I was looking at that big ornate trophy tonight and wondered if there was any other place in sports that would award a big trophy like that to one of two teams who are 37-45 and 37-44? Maybe someday this will have meaning, but not now.

Oh, btw, will there be elephants in the parade?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post

I was looking at that big ornate trophy tonight and wondered if there was any other place in sports that would award a big trophy like that to one of two teams who are 37-45 and 37-44? Maybe someday this will have meaning, but not now.
    Well, I know the Indians have some key guys on the DL and are struggling this year, but keep in mind they did go to the ALCS just last season. In fact, they had the eventual WS champs down 3 games to 2 until, of course, they ran into Josh Beckett and a tough Boston offense in games 6 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Rob Butcher???
    Probably, I am just sorry that I did not discover it first. , boy how I could have been onery with that.

I'd say, for the sake of the young pitchers alone, that Patterson is more than earning his paycheck hitting in the 8th spot.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Was that Corey stat brought up to drive a point to Dusty?

People seemed to be wondering why Weathers in the 7th.....yet some people do not like Burton being used more than 1 inning....so he is still fresh for the next game....Dusty has used him more than 1 inning several times beacuse he is the best and really only good consistent option. Would you rather have him not be ready for Sunday with the 2 innings last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd say, for the sake of the young pitchers alone, that Patterson is more than earning his paycheck hitting in the 8th spot.
    As you know, Patterson has a history of producing down in the order, I should say out of the lead off, and I wouldn't be surprised, and I am sure that you wouldn't be either if Patterson became one of the more productive players on the team batting down in the order in contrast to leading off, he certainly has the fielding skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    As you know, Patterson has a history of producing down in the order, I should say out of the lead off, and I wouldn't be surprised, and I am sure that you wouldn't be either if Patterson became one of the more productive players on the team batting down in the order in contrast to leading off, he certainly has the fielding skills.
    I've never been a big Fan of Corey Patterson, but I do believe he has more value than Norris Hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I've never been a big Fan of Corey Patterson, but I do believe he has more value than Norris Hopper.
    I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    He has more value, but not for the amount of money he is making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?