Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Reds vs Brewers 7-13-08 - No Jr, Votto, Bruce

Re: Reds vs Brewers 7-13-08 - No Jr, Votto, Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Ah yes. Dusty loves him some double switch. But if you get down to it, the second inning was the culprit. Bases loaded with 0 out and we score one on a sac fly. Lack of hitting has been this year's biggest problem. It seems we have traded lack of pitching for lack of hitting. Neither is good.
    You're right but to their credit, they have improved their record from this time last year. We'll see what the 2nd half brings because as I recall they did play over .500 in the 2nd half last year

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You're right but to their credit, they have improved their record from this time last year. We'll see what the 2nd half brings because as I recall they did play over .500 in the 2nd half last year
    At this point last year, the Reds were 40-56, so the team is 6 games better. I tried to research this, but I believe the Reds were 36-38 in the second half last year and 32-34 in the last 66 games (I can't remember when Mackanin took over for Narron), so if they go better than .500, we'd see a near 80-win season--still a losing season, but better which is more than you can say for last year.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

At this point last year, the Reds were 40-56, so the team is 6 games better. I tried to research this, but I believe the Reds were 36-38 in the second half last year and 32-34 in the last 66 games (I can't remember when Mackanin took over for Narron), so if they go better than .500, we'd see a near 80-win season--still a losing season, but better which is more than you can say for last year.
    According to baseball-reference.com, MacKannin managed 80 games, so that means he took the reins starting on July 3rd. Under him they went 41-39. At the halfway point, we were 31-50, winning Game #81 against the Caridinals. We finished at 72-90, so that means we went 41-40 in the 2nd half of the season. I'm figuring this on the actual halfway mark, not the ASB.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Ah yes. Dusty loves him some double switch. But if you get down to it, the second inning was the culprit. Bases loaded with 0 out and we score one on a sac fly. Lack of hitting has been this year's biggest problem. It seems we have traded lack of pitching for lack of hitting. Neither is good.
    The good part is lack of hitting is the easier problem to fix.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    According to baseball-reference.com, MacKannin managed 80 games, so that means he took the reins starting on July 3rd. Under him they went 41-39. At the halfway point, we were 31-50, winning Game #81 against the Caridinals. We finished at 72-90, so that means we went 41-40 in the 2nd half of the season. I'm figuring this on the actual halfway mark, not the ASB.

I kept looking for the date Narron was fired, but couldn't find it. I was basing my states on the ESPN schedule going forward from 96 games.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    And that is why Homer will never get it. That is just sad.

Oh man that post is going to haunt you! Talk about reactionary knowledge(sheesh) Truly embarrassed for you.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I kept looking for the date Narron was fired, but couldn't find it. I was basing my states on the ESPN schedule going forward from 96 games.
    Yeah, I just checked baseball-reference and looked at how many games Mac managed. Eighty games just made the math easier!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?