Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Game Thread

Re: 7/27 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I keep hearing this. Who pitches?
    Whoever the Reds get in return for him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Of course, another prospect to save the day. Dickerson. With a lifetime minor league OPS of .767 and BA of .263.
    Better than Corey Patterson. Why not give him a shot? If he's not good, move on. Nobody is saying Dickerson is anything or will be anything great. Just an upgrade from Corey Patterson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'm kind of exited to see if Fogg can give up 16 hits in fewer than 5 innings

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I keep hearing this. Who pitches?
    Does it really matter?

Of course, another prospect to save the day. Dickerson. With a lifetime minor league OPS of .767 and BA of .263.
    MLB pitching would eat him alive.

It's now 7-0 Rockies. This is getting (has gotten?) laughable.

He won't save the day, but he could fill Patterson's spot and at worst get his audition out of the way. He's hot right now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Oh well. Adkins homers to make it 7-0, and Josh Fogg is back to normal. Three game sweep for the Rocks. As Marty just said, "this is not a very good baseball team."
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Votto gets my vote for biggest disappointment of 08. Let's hope a trade is pending.
    Honorable mention to Jay Bruce. Outside of a scorching-hot two weeks to start his career, he has been very ordinary. I feel duped.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Coffey break! This should be fun!

That was the 11th homer Fogg has given up in just under 50 innings this season.

I just lost the feed Either that or the cable system was watching and threw up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Honorable mention to Jay Bruce. Outside of a scorching-hot two weeks to start his career, he has been very ordinary. I feel duped.
    I may have been the only one to believe he was not our savior. He will be good in time, but he has some learning to do just like Dickerson will. We need major league players at SS, C, and in CF. And we have a utilityman, pretenders, and today a washed up player in those positions. Recipe for failure.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I may have been the only one to believe he was not our savior. He will be good in time, but he has some learning to do just like Dickerson will. We need major league players at SS, C, and in CF. And we have a utilityman, pretenders, and today a washed up player in those positions. Recipe for failure.
    I'm not ready to call Votto or especially Bruce busts yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Better than Corey Patterson. Why not give him a shot? If he's not good, move on. Nobody is saying Dickerson is anything or will be anything great. Just an upgrade from Corey Patterson.
    Actually we don't know that Dickerson would be an upgrade. If the Reds thought Dickerson could hit in the majors, I think he would have been up already.

But, again, as I've said dozen of times, Patterson hardly every plays. He is not the problem. He is a one-year backup player normally used for late inning defense and injury fill-in.

Patterson gets all the grief from the fans because they are unwilling to face the fact that their favorites aren't cutting the mustard. So, on RedsZone, guys like Patterson, and Juan Castro, and David Ross, and Bako, and now Keppinger get the grief. Even Hairston, who was just about the best player on the team while healthy, was the subject of constant cries for his departure because he supposedly would be lousy soon.

It's not the role players, folks, it's the regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I know he's young, and I'm not saying that he won't be good, but I expected more out of a player who was named Minor League Player Of The Year at AA/AAA last year--especially with as much hype as we kept hearing.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-27-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?