Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is ORH?

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Where in the world is ORH?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Left Atlanta this morning, headed for Cleveland. I hope this rain stops sooner or later. Cats and dogs would be an understatement.
    Um, I'm in Charleston, SC right now...I'm supposed to stay and work through the weekend. The word is they may want me to leave tomorrow and come back another weekend. It might get a little wet here...something to do with someone named Hannah?

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Um, I'm in Charleston, SC right now...I'm supposed to stay and work through the weekend. The word is they may want me to leave tomorrow and come back another weekend. It might get a little wet here...something to do with someone named Hannah?
    Well, I came home from Cleveland and didn't leave until this morning. Nice break for a few days. I took a short run to Louisville this morning and now I'm headed to Pittsburgh. I'll be delivering in Pittsburgh in the morning and hanging out there until I find something reasonable.

I was never so happy to see blue sky as when I got back close to Cincinnati and had the first day without rain in several days.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post

That girl just controls the world doesn't she?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

ORH- If you make it back to Houston sometime - what's the going rate for delivery of a couple cases of Saranac Beer from NY?

j/k (kind of) - Wishing you safe travels, I like reading your updates
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Sitting in Pittsburgh now. I need to get out of here soon. Too many Steelers fans.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Sitting in Pittsburgh now. I need to get out of here soon. Too many Steelers fans.
    You could go hang out at Station Square. Lots of places to eat and watch people. When you're finished eating, it has lots of places there to sit outside and watch the river. You could also cross the street and ride the Incline Railway up the hill.
    /r/reds

Headed for Norfolk. I'm hearing the weather won't be too nice there.

Well, I spend quite a bit of time at home lately, but I'm back out. Currently sitting in Elk Mound, Wisconsin, about an hour from St. Paul. I'm staying at my dad's, which is cheaper than burning fuel at a truck stop.

I have a load of relief supplies delivering in Galveston tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been there in a couple months and I'm not really looking forward to seeing what things look like now.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I have a load of relief supplies delivering in Galveston tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been there in a couple months and I'm not really looking forward to seeing what things look like now.
    Be safe down there.

Well, Galveston was an absolute mess. They've made some progress, but it didn't look anything like the last time I was there. Sad. Houston was not much better. Traffic is a nightmare all over the city with the lights out on a lot of secondary roads and more people taking the highways. I was going to go to the game tonight, but I found a load to San Antonio and decided to take that instead. Short trip, but it's money and making it is always better than spending it. So now I'm in San Antonio getting ready to get some sleep and hoping to get something out of here before the weekend.

Did you go through Tennessee last Monday? I saw a van just like yours.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Did you go through Tennessee last Monday? I saw a van just like yours.
    I went across the state from Nashville to Memphis. I spent Monday night in Nashville and pulled out of there early Tuesday morning and went to Shreveport. If you saw me on Monday, it would have to have been around Nashville late that night. There are quite a few of these vans on the road these days.

After doing 825 miles straight through from Akron, I'm now in Ft. Valley, GA, a little town just southwest of Macon. I think I'm going to head up to Atlanta for the weekend and try to get something out of there for Monday.

I got home from Georgia last night and I'm headed right back south. I have a morning pickup in Indiana and a Friday afternoon delivery in Orlando.

Turn Off Ads?