Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    It cannot be Chad Tracy. He is on Arizona's active roster and therefore cannot be the PTBNL for a trade with an NL team.

Now Eric Byrnes is a possibility since he is on the DLL. And that might explain Marty being so happy. Byrnes is definitely Marty's type of guy.
    Byrnes is Freel with a bit more power... I'll take it!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    With a much higher tab... and similarly crappy numbers. Such an acquisition would completely nullify the point of an Adam Dunn trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    With a much higher tab... and similarly crappy numbers. Such an acquisition would completely nullify the point of an Adam Dunn trade.
    Agreed. No thanks on Byrnes.

Anyone know when we'll find out?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Another Freel (even with more power) is probably not what this team needs. After all there are rules to how many players you can have on the 60 day DL at any one time.

All circumstantial evidence, in my opinion, points to Byrnes being a PTBNL. Swapping Dunn for Byrnes couldn't be more poetic in the eyes of Marty and the alleged Blue Collar fanbase. A RHB who can be plugged in CF every day would also get Dusty's approval - can be platooned with C-Patt. I'll not be too thrilled, but I'm guessing Byrnes is one of the two PTBNLs.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    If Jocketty thinks this team can contend this year, then he's either delusional or not rebuilding as well.
    I think the "contending" talk is hot air on Castellini's part. That's JMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Code:
    YEAR NAME             PA  EqA  OBP  SLG  VORP   RAR   RAP 
    7.  2008 Chad Tracy  194 .256 .320 .439  3.9    5     -5 
    8.  2008 Chris Young 515 .240 .296 .416  2.8    5.3  -13.4 
    13. 2008 Chris Burke 164 .207 .302 .234 -8.7   -3.4  -10.9 
    14. 2008 Eric Byrnes 224 .214 .272 .369 -9.7   -3.5  -15
    These are this years numbers on some of the names bandied about as potential return (at least the names I remember). Nothing really exciting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd love to see what direction the Cards will take with Carpenter in the offseason. I'd be inquiring like heck about him.
    Don't sign Derek Lowe in the offseason. He's a 36 year old horse! Trade assets for a 33 year old with a history of arm issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Code:
    YEAR NAME             PA  EqA  OBP  SLG  VORP   RAR   RAP 
    7.  2008 Chad Tracy  194 .256 .320 .439  3.9    5     -5 
    8.  2008 Chris Young 515 .240 .296 .416  2.8    5.3  -13.4 
    13. 2008 Chris Burke 164 .207 .302 .234 -8.7   -3.4  -10.9 
    14. 2008 Eric Byrnes 224 .214 .272 .369 -9.7   -3.5  -15
    These are this years numbers on some of the names bandied about as potential return (at least the names I remember).
    I don't think we're getting Chris Young in the deal. If Dunn is going to be an OF for Arizona, they are going to need CY's speed in CF.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    but that's a rotation I'd go to battle with.
    Not me. Too low testosterone level. Want some alpha male--a Zambrano, Oswalt type. A guy capable of crushing another team's spirit. Maybe that's Volquez, but maybe he'll still just be a 25 year old.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Btw, I was only kidding about Byrnes and taking him... However, it wouldn't be that bad to have him roaming center, especially if it means we can still have M. Bradley or Burrell... Maybe even 1 or 2 years of Abreu... I could live with an outfield of Bradley/Byrnes/Bruce next season... "The Killer B's"

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Don't sign Derek Lowe in the offseason. He's a 36 year old horse! Trade assets for a 33 year old with a history of arm issues!
    Let's see--Carpenter for one year/some minor league garbage or Lowe for a minimum of 3 at $12 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by danforsman View Post
    All circumstantial evidence, in my opinion, points to Byrnes being a PTBNL. Swapping Dunn for Byrnes couldn't be more poetic in the eyes of Marty and the alleged Blue Collar fanbase. A RHB who can be plugged in CF every day would also get Dusty's approval - can be platooned with C-Patt. I'll not be too thrilled, but I'm guessing Byrnes is one of the two PTBNLs.
    I have the sinking feeling this is right. It would explain Marty's and some of the other comments.

Although if the Reds are taking on Eric Byrnes salary, why in heavens name would they have to split the difference on Dunn's?

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    I have the sinking feeling this is right. It would explain Marty's and some of the other comments.

Although if the Reds are taking on Eric Byrnes salary, why in heavens name would they have to split the difference on Dunn's?
    What were Marty's comments? I didn't get to hear them...

Turn Off Ads?