Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I honestly can't think of one GM I'd desire more to have in the position of fixing the Reds.

I got a small scare there when they hired Bavasi because I thought it signalled Walt leaving. This changes that theory completely.

Wayne didn't blow up anything. Walt is.
    Somebody had to. Jocketty's finally had the stones to do it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    "The Losing Stops NOW!"

I think reality has set in.
    I liked Dunn a lot too. I will miss him. The rest of the season is going to be painful.

When you have a team as bad as this though, I'm not sure extending a guy like Dunn to the contract he's due (6 years, 18 million per year) is prudent though..

Let's hope we get on the right path.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Any news on Dunn's roster spot yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Hal says it will be Chris Dickerson. It's not official yet though.
    I figure it will be Dickerson, though it could be Votto (back from bereavement leave).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Well, we can buy tickets or not buy tickets. Watch games on TV or not watch on TV. Listen to 'em on the radio or not. Surf www.reds.com or not.

I got lots of choices.
    True dat. I guess I just never counted opting out of being a Reds fan as one of my choices. I stand corrected, but I won't be making that choice.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

As far as the players to be named later go, there are five players that the Diamondbacks have whom I'd be interested in.

RHP Max Scherzer
    RHP Jarrod Parker
    OF Gerrardo Parra
    RHP Micah Owings
    RHP Billy Buckner

in that order. If at least one of those guys isn't one of the PTBNL, it's a horrible trade. If we could get two guys off of that list in addition to Buck (and admittedly the first two are highly unlikely) than I would be content with the trade. Also, I'm thinking (read: hoping) that maybe, just maybe the Diamondbacks panicked as a result of Hudson's injury, and offered up someone who was not previously on the table in order to secure Dunn's offense. We'll see...
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I figure it will be Dickerson, though it could be Votto (back from bereavement leave).
    The Reds need an outfielder. Patterson and Bruce are the only true outfielders on the roster.

Maybe this was Bavasi's call.

Walt's on an airplane right now. I smell a conspiracy.:

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    As far as the players to be named later go, there are five players that the Diamondbacks have whom I'd be interested in.

RHP Max Scherzer
    RHP Jarrod Parker
    OF Gerrardo Parra
    RHP Micah Owings
    RHP Billy Buckner

in that order. If at least one of those guys isn't one of the PTBNL, it's a horrible trade. If we could get two guys off of that list in addition to Buck (and admittedly the first two are highly unlikely) than I would be content with the trade. We'll see...
    People keep listing off these names. Do we have any real reason for thinking they might get these players? On a related note, when can we expect to find out who the PTBNL are?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds need an outfielder. Patterson and Bruce are the only true outfielders on the roster.
    I am aware of that, which is why I think it will most likely be Dickerson. I simply mentioned Votto as a possible option.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    How about the complete lack of interest in acquiring Dunn before the trading deadline? How about the Toronto GM's comments about his view of Dunn...and the fact that several "unnamed" GM's agreed with that assessment. I'm not saying that he's a bad player or that his skills are declining. Just that there's not much demand for him out there.
    The events of today seem to refute your point.

Wow, I just found out about this. I think my Reds fandom just hit an all-time low. Walt, you better have something good up your sleeve because I'm voting with my dollars in the meantime.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I think congrats are in order to Brandon Phillips. He officially becomes the Anti-Rose today, August 11th. Hope he's ready for the venom.

Sad to see Dunn go, but the Reds problems extend much further than replacing his bat.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The events of today seem to refute your point.
    You think grabbing Dunn off the waiver wire signifies interest in him? Sorry, I just don't see it that way. This is just the Reds showing that they had no interest in re-signing Dunn and that they were willing to take whatever they could in return. The return we get from Arizona is not going to be anything to brag about. People here are expecting the 2 PTBNL to be the bigger pieces we're getting back. Nope. Buck is the main piece. The Reds had no leverage what-so-ever here. Dunn was waived. They can call it traded if they want to, but he was still waived. That's a pretty clear signal to me. Not a move in response to a demand for him.

How's this for an example of how poorly he was viewed by opposing teams....

These teams passed on Dunn on the waiver wire....

Toronto, Houston, Detroit, Dodgers, Balt, Atlanta, Oakland, Pitt, KC, Indians, Rockies, Giants, Padres, Nats and the Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I think congrats are in order to Brandon Phillips. He officially becomes the Anti-Rose today, August 11th. Hope he's ready for the venom.

Sad to see Dunn go, but the Reds problems extend much further than replacing his bat.
    I think the Reds problems extend much further now that they have to replace his bat.

- from Hal's Blog -Jocketty was on his way to the Dominican Republic immediately after the trade and could not be reached for comment.
    Guess Walt's on his way down to skim a little off Yormin's bonus before the safeguards kickin.

Turn Off Ads?