Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to DBacks

Re: Dunn traded to DBacks

I'd guess the PTBNL may be linked to time expiring and the teams felt they could work out something, somehow. Or, tied to Dunn re-signing, or some kind of choice list the Reds want to examine more thoroughly, scouts visit, etc. Likely the last.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This absolutely stinks.

This franchise may be the worst in baseball. Dunn stated earlier in the season he would be willing to re-sign with the team, yet the franchise shows no interest in return.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    PTBNLs aren't always "filler".
    Key words in the phrase aren't always. When all is said and Dunn we will remember this moment as "The Trade".
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

1:47pm: Rosenthal has changed his report. It now says a deal was consummated just before the window expired. Dunn is a Diamondback.

1:45pm: MLB.com's Steve Gilbert says the D'Backs are "close to working out a deal" for Dunn for a minor league pitcher and two players to be named later.

1:41pm: Ken Rosenthal does not agree with Gambadoro's report. Rosenthal says the D'Backs won a waiver claim on Dunn but could not complete a deal before the window expired today.

1:27pm: John Gambadoro of Arizona radio station KTAR 620 reports that the Diamondbacks have acquired outfielder Adam Dunn for three prospects, including pitcher Dallas Buck. Right field is a poor match for Dunn, but this is still an excellent move by Josh Byrnes. Dunn didn't really make sense for the eight NL teams with a better waiver position than Arizona.

Dunn isn't the ideal fit for Arizona, given the strikeouts and defense. But a .900 OPS more than balances out his flaws.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wait a sec, I thought they didn't make any moves at the deadline because they wanted to win as many games as possible with the players they had?

Have they said what position Dunn will play?
    The Diamondbacks moved Jackson to the outfield a little while ago, so Im guessing he would move back to 1st so Dunn could play left.

High five!

MLBTR said Dunn would play RF.

Yes, RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Wait a sec, I thought they didn't make any moves at the deadline because they wanted to win as many games as possible with the players they had?
    I think the latest run kinda sunk that idea. I don't believe that Walt privately believed it anyway.

Well it all depends on the return (duh) but this is a sad day. I had hoped for a reasonable LTC with the big guy.

Buck is pretty interesting... as he should recover fully from TJ given time. He does have real meaningful ground ball rates (however, he still gave up a decent amount of homers last year), and the rest of his arsenal was interesting last year. At full strength, he's the type of guy that can start next year at AA, and be put on the fast track. Still, he has to get fully healthy first, but he's pretty interesting.

High five!

I wonder what the rest of the return is.

This blows. Wish I had something more eloquent to say than that.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

If you can't win with them, you can lose without them.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Buck is pretty interesting... as he should recover fully from TJ given time. He does have real meaningful ground ball rates, and the rest of his arsenal was interesting last year. At full strength, he's the type of guy that can start next year at AA, and be put on the fast track. Still, he has to get fully healthy first, but he's pretty interesting.
    My feeling is Buck is a great guy to take a flier on in a trade like this but the other two guys need to be very good players, too, or else the trade is a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Buck is pretty interesting... as he should recover fully from TJ given time. He does have real meaningful ground ball rates, and the rest of his arsenal was interesting last year. At full strength, he's the type of guy that can start next year at AA, and be put on the fast track. Still, he has to get fully healthy first, but he's pretty interesting.
    I agree. Buck could be pretty good but I still want another top prospect in return, someone like a Jarrod Parker.

Turn Off Ads?