Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 8/19/08

Re: Reds vs Cubs 8/19/08

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Brantley was talking about the Chicago wind playing tricks with the balls hit into the outfield tonight. Including the play by Bruce.

Cubs announcers were saying pretty much the same thing.

That wind at Wrigley can be pretty tough.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Am I the only one rooting against C-Pat? I really want to see him finish the year a batting average under .200 and an OPS under .600...
    I wouldn't say I am rooting against him.

But I'm most definatley not rooting for him.

Nightly Patterson rant:

Why oh why must we continue to endure the first pitch hacking, sub .200 batting , and .228 OBP of COREY F. PATTERSON?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Leadoff triple for the Cubs catcher

I noticed on the graphic on TV that the Reds are 3-7 in the lasy 10 games. Then I looked at the schedule and realized that I was at all three of those wins (and only one of the losses).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Why on earth would I root for a player on the Reds to do poorly?

I'm no big fan of CPat, but it's not his fault he can't hit. He doesn't make out the lineup.

You think his effort level is suspect?

I don't. I just don't think he can hit.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I'm not saying that he is a bad defensive outfielder, and I think he will probably be pretty good. But at times it appears that he loses focus out there. Maybe it's just me, and I'm being unreasonable.
    I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. The problem is that every footfall and every mistake at the plate that Bruce has only goes to prove that he is only 21 years old and it will happen. Youth is not the only answer to the Reds' problems. Young players make mistakes and make poor judgments at times. He'll be fine, but he will have his "brain fade" moments too.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Am I the only one rooting against C-Pat? I really want to see him finish the year a batting average under .200 and an OPS under .600...
    I've been rooting against him and Bako since day one.

I can't really root against them, mostly out of respect for the Reds uniform.

But when they stroll to the plate, I generally expect failure. With a chance to score runs, or a game winning situation and CPatt/Bako at the plate I have no hope of any success. I've become numb to their super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-19-2008 at 09:18 PM.

fukudome has such a poor swing...

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Why on earth would I root for a player on the Reds to do poorly?

I'm no big fan of CPat, but it's not his fault he can't hit. He doesn't make out the lineup.

You think his effort level is suspect?

I don't. I just don't think he can hit.
    I agree, but what's even more confusing is that he has something like a .260 lifetime average, so what happened? I just don't understand.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I can't really root against them, mostly out of respect for the Reds uniform.

But when they stroll to the plate, I generally expect failure.
    I root for failure in the hopes that they will ultimately be removed from the team. How they are still here, is just beyond me.

I missed it on TV, but how did Soto triple? Gameday say Patterson deflected it. Was it a ball he should have caught?

I see these guys as people, not just images on the TV screen.

They are young men living out their dreams, playing the game we all love on the highest level available on earth.

I don't see them as commodities.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I missed it on TV, but how did Soto triple? Gameday say Patterson deflected it. Was it a ball he should have caught?
    Maybe. But if he caught it, it would have been a very nice play.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?