Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 8/21/08 (afternoon game)

Re: Reds vs Cubs 8/21/08 (afternoon game)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Adam Rosales is wearing #60. Never the number of a game who is going to stick around for awhile.
    Normally I agree, but it's getting toward the end of the season, so I don't think it matters as much. Rosales is basically a September callup--he just got here two or three weeks early. I guess they could have given him #16 (which I think was the only available low number when he first got the call), but when he came up for Votto, I think they thought he would only be up for a couple of days. I also think that they didn't anticipate Rosales coming back so quickly because of Hairston's recurring injury. I would expect the Reds to assign a low number to him next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    Playing the number one team close indicates that the Reds really aren't as bad as they look, even if this isn't football.
    The Reds score four runs in 27 innings. They are fortunate to leave Chicago with a 1-2 record in the series.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    Keep Phillips but just show Dusty how his stats say he is 6th or 7th hitter not a cleanup hitter. Just like with Patterson at leadoff, you are putting him in a position to fail more than he succeeds
    Phillips bat is being exposed now that he doesn't benefit from hitting between Griffey and Dunn.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Phillips bat is being exposed now that he doesn't benefit from hitting between Griffey and Dunn.
    Agreed

I also think that the guy that placed him in the four hole this year is being exposed too.

Pretty sure that Jocketty knows a cleanup batter after his years at St. Louis vs a Phillips, a Baker decision.

Turn Off Ads?