Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: reds vs Rockies 8/24/08

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: reds vs Rockies 8/24/08

Walks the bases loaded. Tulowitzki up....pops up...runners hold on good throw by Bruce. Taveras up....let's see if ole' smoke & mirrors can escape another one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I hope we lose this. I do not want to see Dusty managing this bullpen in extras.
    Maybe the Reds should just forfeit the rest of the season. That way some folks will be spared Dusty's managing.

This game is just a learning experience for some guys. I hope Bruce is made to understand that there was no reason to throw to third on that play on which the tying run scored. Sure, EE should have caught the ball, but there was absolutely no chance of getting the runner.

That's the one play this inning that bothered me because the throw was unnecessary. The rest of this is awful but it doesn't matter.

Houdini pulls another rabbit out of his hat. That was an UUUUUUUUGGGGLY inning.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And I, idiot that I am wondered why no one was posting in the game thread. 5 errors (should have been 6), balks, passed balls, and walking batters in a save situation.

It's hopeless. Just quit now and call the season...
    I know one thing if nothing else, each of you fans deserve better, especially with the time, energy, love, faith and belief (I forgot money) that all of you put into the team daily.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 08-24-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And I, idiot that I am wondered why no one was posting in the game thread. 5 errors (should have been 6), balks, passed balls, and walking batters in a save situation.

It's hopeless. Just quit now and call the season...
    From the looks of the play during this game, that has already happened.
    I can live somewhat with the errors by the youngsters. They are still learning. It is the poor plays by Phillips, the terrible throws by Edwin and the mindless balk by Weathers that grate on my nerves. This continues to be the dumbest team in baseball, no matter who is on the field (from Freel to Phillips) or who is at the helm (from Narron to Baker).

Weathers was still barking about that balk call when he left the mound. Actually I don't balme him and the Denver announcer, (former pitcher) George Frazier, said it shouldn't have been called either.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Team's head clearly not in the game. *That* does fall on Dusty's shoulders.
    Nah. Its just bad fielding. This team has trouble catchingthe ball. Even the throwing errors should have been caught. Votto should have Had EdE's and EdE should have had Bruce's.

I've been critical of Dusty, but I can certainly understand why he runs Patterson out there. He's pretty dependable on defense and watching this ugliness night in and night out would probably make me want a dependable defender in CF as well. I think Dickerson is that, but Dusty's going with what he knows so Patterson is out there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

fun game, folks

if we get into a few extra frames, it could get weird

Just like all the Reds players this hasn't been a career year for Dusty either...

Hanigan walks to open the inning but Dickerson bunts too hard and forces Ryan at 2nd. Oh well....

Rem

High five!

Weathers still in, Bray warming up.

Nice hustle there by Phillips

I don't know what anyone expected. The team traded Dunn and Griffey, is playing with three rookies daily, sometimes four (when Hanigan catches), and isn't good defensively anyway.

This is just a learning experience for many of these guys. So nobody should be aggravated.

And be thankful, yes thankful, that Dusty is managing as opposed to some firebrand manager fighting for a contract next year. Dusty is letting his kids play, isn't pulling them after a mistake, and understands the deal.

Everyone always says, blow it up, play the kids. This is what you get.

And if the veterans aren't playing with the most intensity right now, a losing, very young team out of it in late August, I can live with it. Enjoy watching the kids develop, that's the reason to watch right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't know what anyone expected. The team traded Dunn and Griffey, is playing with three rookies daily, sometimes four (when Hanigan catches), and isn't good defensively anyway.

This is just a learning experience for many of these guys. So nobody should be aggravated.

And be thankful, yes thankful, that Dusty is managing as opposed to some firebrand manager fighting for a contract next year. Dusty is letting his kids play, isn't pulling them after a mistake, and understands the deal.

Everyone always says, blow it up, play the kids. This is what you get.

And if the veterans aren't playing with the most intensity right now, a losing, very young team out of it in late August, I can live with it. Enjoy watching the kids develop, that's the reason to watch right now.
    I agree....but realizing that it will happen and watching it happen are two totally different things. Not getting aggrevated is asking for a lot when you see things like this.

Reds pitchers have walked 9 batters today

Turn Off Ads?