Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: reds vs Rockies 8/24/08

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: reds vs Rockies 8/24/08

bases loaded, 1 run in, and Cueto still hasn't allowed a hit. Sheesh. not the formula for success in this ballpark.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What did Bruce do? I turned it. I'm tired of watching little league defense.
    Short fly ball near the line. After a long run, he just dropped it. No doubt it should've been caught.

What did Bruce do? I turned it. I'm tired of watching little league defense.
    Tough play that he came a long way for, but the ball hit off of his glove. A major league OF makes that catch IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Cueto was forced to throw 35 pitches in the first inning despite not allowing a hit. Those errors cost him probably 20 pitches, if not more.

Votto stays hot with a lead off double.

can Bruce and EdE get this run in?

Man, Votto is just pounding the ball since he's come back. Even his outs are freaking bullets. Lead off double to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Bruce's defense is less than advertised IMO. Still light years better than Griffey and Dunn, but less than advertised.
    Overall I've been impressed with his defense. I think the more he plays right field the better he'll get. He's bounced between LF, CF, and RF this year. The more he plays in right the better he should get.

fantastic swing by Edwin

1st and 3rd for the black hole. I'd say that there's one down...but I already see 3 down.

Double play ball, but Patterson hustled and beat it out. Votto scores. Hmmm...nice to be wrong. :O) 1-1 game.

Overall I've been impressed with his defense. I think the more he plays right field the better he'll get. He's bounced between LF, CF, and RF this year. The more he plays in right the better he should get.
    I agree that he'll probably improve in RF, but even his CF play, where he spent a lot of time, seems lacking to me. He's not "get him outta there" bad like Griffey was at the end, but he's not a plus out there either IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Patterson gets picked off. Unbelievable.

Corey Patterson is like a parody or something.

Patterson is brutal on the base paths, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I agree that he'll probably improve in RF, but even his CF play, where he spent a lot of time, seems lacking to me. He's not "get him outta there" bad like Griffey was at the end, but he's not a plus out there either IMO.
    I agree that his range isn't great in CF but he can cover some ground in RF from what I've seen.

Turn Off Ads?