Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: bucs @ Reds 9/4/08

Re: bucs @ Reds 9/4/08

Marty commented just now that this would be the last game this season for the announcer from Louisville. He said he did a good job and I'd like to echo that. He's a "meat and potatoes" sort of announcer, but he filled in well and is a welcome addition to the broadcasting staff.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Marty commented just now that this would be the last game this season for the announcer from Louisville. He said he did a good job and I'd like to echo that. He's a "meat and potatoes" sort of announcer, but he filled in well and is a welcome addition to the broadcasting staff.
    You're right I thought that he did a nice job also. Easy to listen to also.

We still need to get MattWLW promoted though, I want him to take over sports talk.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    You're right I thought that he did a nice job also. Easy to listen to also.

We still need to get MattWLW promoted though, I want him to take over sports talk.
    Send letters!

I'd like to see Castillo in LF the rest of the year.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'd like to see Castillo in LF the rest of the year.
    Other than getting Paterson out of the lineup, Castillo in LF is a big yawn for me.

He has no chance to play there on a regular basis as he doesn't hit enough.

I expect him to be a utility player next year, so he needs to catch some and generally show what he can do at a number of positions.

Did the Reds get 4-for-4 production from the 9 slot? I imagine that does not happen too often in the NL?
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    He did seem very good. You could follow the action with him. You can't always do that when Marty is announcing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I was a huge fan of his this year, and would love for them to add him to the radio team to do PBP with Marty, moving Brantley to color solely, where he is fine, and away from PBP, where he is not fine.

Turn Off Ads?