Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 9/6/08

Re: Reds vs Cubs 9/6/08

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    What inning did you leave after? Because win or lose, 13 runs scored in the final 2 innings should've been entertaining whoever you're rooting for.

But yes, a road curtain call is pretty pitiful.
    We bolted in the 7th I think. Majewski was just coming to the mound and gave up the homer to Marquis while we were walking to the car.

On the drive home we joked about a "historic comeback" and how it would be the final kick in the nards if we missed it.

Dad dropped me off at the house and the Cubs had 11 runs. In the time it took to walk up the drive way, walk in the house and flip on the TV...it was 14!. Then the phone rang and Dad said turn on the tv after the grand salami. Got to watch Javy flail at three horrable pitches.

Tonight was one swift kick to the pouch after another.

I hate the Cubs and their dipwad fans.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-06-2008 at 10:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    We bolted in the 7th I think. Majewski was just coming to the mound and gave up the homer to Marquis while we were walking to the car.

On the drive home we joked about a "historic comeback" and how it would be the final kick in the nards if we missed it.

Dad dropped me off at the house and the Cubs had 11 runs. In the time it took to walk up the drive way, walk in the house and flip on the TV...it was 14!. Then the phone rang and Dad said turn on the tv after the grand salami. Got to watch Javy flail at three horrable pitches.

~erased for LtA~
    I feel your pain, I really do...but damn, that post had me rollin on the floor. :O) One swift kick to the pouch. LOL.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I watched some of the highlights on gameday.

All 3 balls hit out by Soriano looked to be thrown in about the same place each time... low and inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

I hate the Cubs and their dipwad fans.
    You're a better fan than me... I wouldn't sit in either seat that I had last night. Just walked around. [which is probably what I will do today since I only have a bleacher seat. Might bolt early, rest and get ready to go up to Dayton for the playoffs there.]
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?