Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Brewers 9/8/08

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Reds vs Brewers 9/8/08

Yes! Castillo with a single. Bases jacked, nobody out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's where I'd love it if Hanigan were catching tonight. I actually have a bit of faith in his ability to get a hit here. Bako's gonna k. I can just feel it. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Who? Me!?! Why I've never been chastized here... !!!

Rem

Oh that is what they call that out in mild Cali, “chastised” we call it a B kicking or chewing in Ohio

Paul Bako is honestly the worst player I have ever seen. He hits into a 1-2-3 doubleplay. Runners on second and third with two outs for Volquez. Bako is worthless.

Patterson and Bako.

A one-two kick to the nards.

Well, he didn't K....I almost wished he would've. DP.

It's really hard to overstate what a massive black hole Bako and Patterson have been this year. When your team would improve significantly by replacing 2 everyday starters with replacement players, you have a problem. The idea that Bako might be brought back is an insult to paying fans.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'm serious, I've never seen a worst player in my life than Paul Bako. Corey Patterson can play great defense and run. Juan Castro could make a routine play. Paul Bako can't hit, can't run, can't throw, and can't play defense. How in the world does he have a job?

Cincinnati 4th Inning Summary

- E. Encarnacion singled to deep center
    - J. Bruce walked, E. Encarnacion to second
    - W. Castillo singled to right, E. Encarnacion to third, J. Bruce to second
    - P. Bako grounded out to catcher, E. Encarnacion out at home, J. Bruce to third, W. Castillo to second
    - E. Volquez popped out to first
    - End of Inning (0 Runs, 2 Hits, 0 Errors)

I promise I won't mention Bako being Corey's evil hitting twin.

Pitches-strikes - D Bush 54-34

Still Milwaukee 3 Reds 1
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 09-08-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Bako's fault

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Paul Bako is honestly the worst player I have ever seen. He hits into a 1-2-3 doubleplay. Runners on second and third with two outs for Volquez. Bako is worthless.
    Yeah, but you've only watching baseball for about 10 years. Believe me, there have been worse players.

Rem

Just pitiful. Pop out to first to end the inning. Bako on this club continues to baffle me. As does the presence of Patterson. I'm really searching for a reason that could somehow explain it. Dusty is NOT an idiot. He does NOT refuse to play rookies over veterans. But does he really think Bako is such an excellent handler of pitchers that he overlooks his defense, his arm, his bat and his intelligence at the plate?

Paul Bako can't hit, can't run, can't throw, and can't play defense. How in the world does he have a job?
    Dusty sez: Dude handles the pitchers well.

I'm serious, I've never seen a worst player in my life than Paul Bako. Corey Patterson can play great defense and run. Juan Castro could make a routine play. Paul Bako can't hit, can't run, can't throw, and can't play defense. How in the world does he have a job?
    Dusty said he was a great handler of pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    It's really hard to overstate what a massive black hole Bako and Patterson have been this year. When your team would improve significantly by replacing 2 everyday starters with replacement players, you have a problem. The idea that Bako might be brought back is an insult to paying fans.
    They drive me nuts, I might have had less than 150 posts this year if it hadn't been for those two.

Volquez has struckout five straight batters and is up to 180 K's on the season. He's still got a solid shot at 200 strikeouts despite going through a stretch where his K's really dropped off.

Turn Off Ads?