Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs D-Backs 9/12/08

Re: Reds vs D-Backs 9/12/08

Hairston takes a called strike, ball one, ball two, fouls a borderline pitch, 2-2. Another foul. Swings and missed a pitch that bounces in front of the plate. What an awful swing.

Reds lose 3-2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hairston swings on a pitch in the dirt. K. In the end, poor defense and pitching lost this one. Sounds errily familiar.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nice. In the dirt

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Hairston swings on a pitch in the dirt. K. In the end, poor defense and pitching lost this one. Sounds errily familiar.
    Actually poor defense and offense lost this one. Anytime you allow just three runs you should win. Of course better bullpen management would have been nice.

Glad the experience couldn't get it done for the second straight game. That inexperience could have hurt

You know the loss doesn't matter much in the whole scheme of things, but you have to look at the the difference in the two teams. Those pitches the DB pitcher was throwing were't that much different in what Burton, Bray, and Lincoln were throwing. The only difference was the D-Backs weren't swinging at those pitches while the Reds hitters were suckers for those pitches. Maybe that's the wrong word, I don't know, but the result is the same.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Actually poor defense and offense lost this one. Anytime you allow just three runs you should win. Of course better bullpen management would have been nice.
    To be honest, I don't know what I would have done, but you expect Burton and Bray to be better (and that's a stretch because Burton is not himself and Bray is typical Bray--on and off). Throw the kids in there and there's a good chance that it all blows up in your face. The problem is deciding if you want to plan for 2009 or win this season. Apparently, the mantra thrown down is to win now.

Aaron Harang deserves better, but it was by his hand that we lose the game. How ironic.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

To be honest, I don't know what I would have done, but you expect Burton and Bray to be better (and that's a stretch because Burton is not himself and Bray is typical Bray--on and off). Throw the kids in there and there's a good chance that it all blows up in your face. The problem is deciding if you want to plan for 2009 or win this season. .
    Win what this season?

I'm guessing Lyon is going to lose his closing job after the way he has pitched lately.

The Dodgers won 7-2 in Colorado so the D-Backs remain 3.5 back with 16 games remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Win what this season?
    Beats me. You figure it out, i can't. What other explanation is there?
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Harang this month: 0 Wins - 2 Loses, 2.70 ERA, 20 Innings, 15 Hits, 6 Earned Runs, 6 BB, 13 Ks

I haven't read the whole game thread, and it may have already been mentioned, but Marty said he talked to one of the D-Back radio guys and asked them their opinion of Dunn. The response was, "walks a lot, strikes out a lot." Apparently, Dunn's going to face this wherever he goes.
    Not to be a jerk but what part of that statement is no accurate. His >ops is spectacular but is is truly based on Home runs and walks. That is a fact and I love Adam Dunn and he would be on my go to war team 25 man roster. But it is a true fact.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Dusty yet again in a season lost rides "his" horses hoping the vets can find the light. Dusty wise the damn up it is a season lost , now it is audition time! Try the rising kids and gauge there level now! Ceaper rookies will allow higher acquisitions you dimwit!

Hated the signing and so wish Pete Mack was still running this show. Bob C god knows your opening the wallet but Jesus man ! Analyze the future a vet manager is the last thing you need to run this team. Simply put hire a guy who plays the talewnt and looks at the big picture going forward.

This team is way better than there record and I blame Dusty . The man is a car wreck and this game yet again is an indictment on his Managerial skills.
    Last edited by Topcat; 09-13-2008 at 04:41 AM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Beats me. You figure it out, i can't. What other explanation is there?
    I have nothing.

Turn Off Ads?