Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs D-Backs 9/13/08 (no Bako or Patterson)

Re: Reds vs D-Backs 9/13/08 (no Bako or Patterson)

hannigan has thrown out a couple of runners, and just blocked the plate nicely and tagged the runner out...as a result, we'll see bako in for the next three games

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I don't fault Dusty for not bringing Bray in; I don't see what Bray has done recently to make anybody believe he should be brought in. He's got a terrible WHIP and is, IMHO, unlikely to be on this team next year. Losing this ballgame is not Dusty's fault; it's the fault of the wretched offense this team has right now.
    I think letting Volquez hit for himself in a tie game in the 7th after already having thrown 110 pitches was the 1st mistake, letting him go out and throw 121 pitches was the 2nd, then picking a tie game with runners on 2nd and 3rd for Roenicke's MLB debut, and finally leaving him in after he walked a batter on 4 pitches to face a lefty as good as Dunn when we have two lefties available in the pen was just stupid. Period.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Good job of getting out of trouble for Herrera and kudos to the defense. Now, can the Reds score 2 tonight just like last night?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I think letting Volquez hit for himself in a tie game in the 7th after already having thrown 110 pitches was the 1st mistake, letting him go out and throw 121 pitches was the 2nd, then picking a tie game with runners on 2nd and 3rd for Roenicke's MLB debut, and finally leaving him in after he walked a batter on 4 pitches to face a lefty as good as Dunn when we have two lefties available in the pen was just stupid. Period.
    nicely stated...

ja-ja-ja-ja javy!

Agree completely. The mistake that is of the most important consequence is letting Volquez throw that many pitches. Frankly I don't understand why WJ hasn't sent the Dusty an ultimatum on pitch counts for Volquez and Cueto at least. But none of Dusty's absurdity changes the fact the offense has been nonexistent during the last two nights, hurting Harang last night and Edinson tonight.

All dyslexics must untie!

Berry got bailed out on that one

Held the runner on the SF, scored anyway as the ball skipped away from the catcher
    Never overlook the obvious

What a freak play. Looked like a nice throw botched by the catcher? Tie game and Hairston up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Hariston pops up.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

At least we got Edinson off the hook. He may not have any arm left but at least he doesn't get the loss.

I also agree that the Reds lack of offense magnifies Dusty's managerial decisions. None of us would care about micro-managing the game if we were winning 7-2.

Of course, even then I would be angry if Dusty left one of our young pitchers out there to throw 121 pitches in a meaningless game. Why risk injury, especially when these young pitchers are at career high numbers of innings pitched for the season?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

The game defining mistake may be what is going on now. Superior center field work and what appears to be a further emasculated lineup just may swing the fault to Dusty.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Good thing Berry did hold him or else he would have been out....no way to know that ball bounces away like that.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Berry got bailed out on that one

Held the runner on the SF, scored anyway as the ball skipped away from the catcher
    Why, decent throw nabs him?

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I also agree that the Reds lack of offense magnifies Dusty's managerial decisions. None of us would care about micro-managing the game if we were winning 7-2.

Of course, even then I would be angry if Dusty left one of our young pitchers out there to throw 121 pitches in a meaningless game. Why risk injury, especially when these young pitchers are at career high numbers of innings pitched for the season?
    Your first point is what I was trying to state earlier, but you did it so much better.

It's pretty clear that Dusty and staff (Pole) think 120 pitches is the limit for our starters. That's debatable, of course, but I tend to disagree. Chasing that 20 wins for Volquez hs done more harm than good.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?