Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs D-Backs 9/13/08 (no Bako or Patterson)

Re: Reds vs D-Backs 9/13/08 (no Bako or Patterson)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You guys wanted Roenicke and now you got him and you're still complaining?

Might as well see what he can do in this situation now.
    The problem was when they brought him in. Don't throw him into a high leverage position.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You guys wanted Roenicke and now you got him and you're still complaining?

Might as well see what he can do in this situation now.
    I would love seeing Roenicke start off that inning. Putting him in with runners on 2nd and 3rd in a tie game is different.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

That I agree with......i thought that he was only at about 100-105 pitches....and figured he could throw another 10 and have a quick inning. Did not know he was over 110 already. Volquez with all his stuff can never get people out with minimal pitches.

If this offense could score him some runs....it would help the situation of having Baker extend him like this....beacuse he clearly should not have done so in this game.

i love tats and have two myself, but when they're on the neck, that's pretty hard core...

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I would love seeing Roenicke start off that inning. Putting him in with runners on 2nds and 3rd in a tie game is different.
    All would have been reasonable, except that he should have pulled Roenicke when Dunn came up. In that spot, with the game maybe on the line, Bill Bray should have faced Dunn.

Dusty, plus pitiful offense, equals one more loss. Familiar story.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    No we're complaining because our clueless manager sent Volquez back out for another inning.
    Lots are complaining that Roenicke was left in to fabe the lefty. Which is hilarious considering the same posters have complained that Dusty was "playing to win" instead of seeing what the youngsters can do.

Well, Dusty finally does what everyone wants and complaints galore because Roenicke couldn't get a strike.

Herrera would have been better and much more fun vs Dunn.

Either way.....leaving JR in there did not bother me as much as the Volquez thing.

My take is different. Everyone wanted to get a win for Volquez so he goes back out in the 7th which should be OK, but Volquez is out of stuff. They bring in Affeldt and he yields to the guy everyone is crying for and he not only can't throw a strike, but hits the next batter.

Kids. Yes, Dusty should have brought Bray in, but Bray shows ineffective when pitching two days in a row, so he's out. You stay with Roenicke hoping he'll do OK and disaster strikes. That's why no kid is our savior. First it was Edinson and Cueto who have proven to be quite human at times. Then it was Bruce, who for 21 is doing OK. Now it's whoever else they brought up from the farm.

The main problem with this game is the lack of any offense. One pitching move mistake won't lose this game (or two). When your line is so fine that you cannot make anything but brilliant moves is expecting too much from anyone.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Herrera double switched in in Jay Bruce's slot. Hairston to right, Dickerson stays in the game in left, and Patterson in the 9th slot in center.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Well it get's hard to defend Dusty when he takes puts in Patterson....when this team needs offense.

Lots are complaining that Roenicke was left in to fabe the lefty. Which is hilarious considering the same posters have complained that Dusty was "playing to win" instead of seeing what the youngsters can do.
    he had the lefty Herrera, another youngster, ready -- should have brought him in -- that's what people are complaining about

I don't fault Dusty for not bringing Bray in; I don't see what Bray has done recently to make anybody believe he should be brought in. He's got a terrible WHIP and is, IMHO, unlikely to be on this team next year. Losing this ballgame is not Dusty's fault; it's the fault of the wretched offense this team has right now.

Senor Votto

Nice job by Hanigan and Votto

Great play by Votto and Hannigan
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?