Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cardinals 9/17/08

Re: Reds vs Cardinals 9/17/08

...then Phillips makes a throwing error on the first play of the next inning.
    Andy already having a pretty rough day. Like to see him make it up with a walkoff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think I would at least be looking at players who had a future here. Phillips (I hope) does not. Great throw by the way. Patterson might be a necessity with Dickerson injured, but Janish is and will always be a sub. Get him in the game, but start him?

BTW, this is going to be a pitiful night for offense (hope it works tonight, but I seriously doubt it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    ...then Phillips makes a throwing error on the first play of the next inning.
    Andy already having a pretty rough day. Like to see him make it up with a walkoff.
    Any reason why Phillips is playing instead of Adam Rosales? That doesn't make any sense to me. Please don't tell me Phillips might be part of the 2009 roster... We don't need a 32 year old, corner utility guy with a mediocre at best bat and glove. Fine for September roster chaff in a losing season, but we've got a plethora of bench options who might actually have a future.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 09-17-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'm starting to become a huge fan of Albert Pujols. For some reason I never did like him but this year that's changed. I've become a big fan of his. Apparently he's been working with Votto on his footwork around the first base bag and helping him become a better defender. It's not often you see a player from another team doing something like that.

Harang gets three routine fly outs after the error. No score after 1 1/2.

Bruce leads off the bottom of the second inning and gets ahead 3-0. And then walks.

Hanigan gets HBP. First and second with nobody out for Patterson. Wellemeyer has been wild tonight so hopefully the guys are patient.

I would've rather seen Janish get the start tomorrow with a groundball pitcher in Volquez pitching.

Patterson K's swinging on ball three.

I think if the Reds started putting a cardboard cutout of Patterson at the plate, it would take a week before anyone would notice.

Janish flies out to RF, Bruce tags and advances to 3B. Looks like Wellemeyer will escape.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would've rather seen Janish get the start tomorrow with a groundball pitcher in Volquez pitching.
    Sorry guys, but I'd rather see Janish in AAA.

He's a sub, plain and simple.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Harang swings at the first pitch and grounds out.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Sorry guys, but I'd rather see Janish in AAA.

He's a sub, plain and simple.
    He's a sub but I'd much rather see him starting when Volquez pitches than Keppinger. At least he can provide some defense, unlike Keppinger.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He's a sub but I'd much rather see him starting when Volquez pitches than Keppinger. At least he can provide some defense, unlike Keppinger.

OK, I see your point. But it really makes no difference in the whole scheme of things when you're playing Phillips as you cleanup, Janish at short, Patterson in center, Richar and Castillo. That's half your lineup being Judy hitters.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?