Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Reds vs Brewers 9/19/08

Re: Reds vs Brewers 9/19/08

Affeldt in to pitch the 9th inning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Is that Dunn territory with or with-out the GABP boost?
    with GABP boost, it would be a pop out to 2nd in any other park.

:

Affeldt gives up a single followed by another single (should have been an error).

Flyout and a doubleplay by Braun ends the game. Reds win 11-2!

Congrats to Ramon Ramirez on his first major league win. He's been nothing but impressive in his first four major league appearances.

I asked it earlier; what is Ramon Ramirez' ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I asked it earlier; what is Ramon Ramirez' ceiling?
    Solid number four starter. Maybe higher if he can develop a better slider.

what is Ramon Ramirez' ceiling
    not real high, but he's shown enough to be considered a solid back of the rotation candidate -- he competes very well and his changeup is a great pitch -- I like the kid -- fields his position well and can swing the bat a little bit too -- he's going to keep you in the game more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    not real high, but he's shown enough to be considered a solid back of the rotation candidate -- he competes very well and his changeup is a great pitch -- I like the kid -- fields his position well and can swing the bat a little bit too -- he's going to keep you in the game more often than not
    He is the only guy the Reds sent out in the #5 slot this year that didn't pitch terrible. He actually pitched well. If the Reds don't get a 5th starter via free agency then he will be in the mix for the #5 spot next year. since his ceiling isn't as high as others he could go to the pen if someone else is lights out next spring. I definitley want him on the 12 man staff next year.

Brantley was talking tonight about Votto and Bruce having a friendly competition to see who could hit the most homeruns at the major league level. Kinda nice to see them rounding into shape.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Really. As much talent as the Reds appear to have (see Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Ramirez, etc), why would we be searching for starting pitching. I count five starters just there. Time to look at offense, especially at shortstop (providing they can hit) and the outfield. Dickerson may be the ticket in center, but in left I'd look for a RH banger.

Of course, there's the bullpen with Weathers and Affeldt movin on (I expect), there's where the emphasis should be. If Gonzo comes back. maybe it's time to move him if anything else comes up, but starting pitching seems solid.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?