Thread: Reds vs Brewers 9/21/08

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Reds vs Brewers 9/21/08

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Brantley. Remember?
    Oh yeah. I forgot, thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This ump sucks. That ball four on Dillon was strike two on Arroyo during his atbat.

Does Andy Phillips wear cement shoes? The big play in this game was last inning when Counsell led off with a single. Braun followed by hitting what looked like a doubleplay but somehow the slow roller made it past Andy Phillips for a single and the Brewers wound up scoring three runs. I know EdE isn't a great 3B but he's much better than Phillips. With Phillips at 3B, Keppinger at SS, and Cabrera in LF, I don't think I've ever seen a worse defensive left side.

Bases loaded and one out for Braun. Bronson seems to have trouble with Counsell for some reason. Arroyo was bound to have a bad start.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Richar had to put that one between Counsell's eyes.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Richar hands the Brewers two runs with a throwing error. 6-1 Brewers after 4 1/2. What a defense.

We need a shortstop. That looked too familiar. Or sounded. We aren't getting the game on TV today. You got it in GB, OBM?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

A FC grounder by Braun ends up scoring two after a Danny Richar throwing error. Fielder is intentionally passed, then Arroyo finally escapes the inning by popping up JJ Hardy. Now 6-1 Milwaukee.

We need a shortstop. That looked too familiar. Or sounded. We aren't getting the game on TV today. You got it in GB, OBM?
    I'm watching the game. As for the play, I missed it but I checked Gameday and it says Richar made a throwing error. Anyone care to describe what happened?

I agree with ya on shortstop. It's the biggest need for this organization IMO.

Keppinger pokes a single to lead off the bottom of 5, but Votto erases that with a 6-3 DP grounder.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm watching the game. As for the play, I missed it but I checked Gameday and it says Richar made a throwing error. Anyone care to describe what happened?

Suddenlink or dish? What channel?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

Sure. Grounder was a bit to Kepp's right, he scoops it up and throws to Richar. Counsell came into second standing up and Richar throws the ball over Votto's head.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Suddenlink or dish? What channel?
    Dish. Channel 661. I don't think Suddenlink is showing the game today.

Phillips walks and goes to second on a wild pitch, but Cabrera is caught looking. Still 6-1, end 5.

The Reds are playing like crap today but beating CC Sabathia and taking two of three from the Brewers is a very successful series. Hopefully Bruce, EdE, and Dickerson are back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Arroyo back out there for the 6th. I think I would have pulled him and let some guys like Herrera and Roenicke get an inning.

Turn Off Ads?