Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Reds vs Astros 9/24/08

Re: Reds vs Astros 9/24/08

Patterson thrown out at second on a long single to end the eighth. Looked safe to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Roenicke...interesting

Control is an issue

That was a slurve...followed by some heat, and Wigginton is gone

That should take care of it. 2 runs in

So far in limited action, I have been less than impressed with Josh Roenicke.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Roenicke has some stuff but it's going to take time. Hard to see how we can figure he's going to be a major contributor to next year's pen--at least not until deep into the season.

Roenicke reminds me of Kyle Farnsworth minus a few mph but with at least a nickle upstairs. I haven't decided if that's a compliment or not.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Roenicke needs work.

But Dusty is buddies with his dad, so that should help him.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Roenicke has some stuff but it's going to take time. Hard to see how we can figure he's going to be a major contributor to next year's pen--at least not until deep into the season.
    But that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's at an age where you'd like to see him make the next step up, but as I understand it, he's a little behind because he came to baseball later (football originally, right?). Start him out at Louisville again and let him perfect things and then call him up when he's ready. That's a plus for us, I think.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

You know who Roenicke reminds me of? Jared Burton last year. Burton couldn't find home plate with a compass last season in his first few appearances. Hopefully Josh can gain better command of that curve because it looks like it could be a solid pitch.

I wish the Reds would sign Randy. They do need a LH starter......and they got Fred Norman from SD after seeing him beat them and no one else in 1973.
    Just reaching of course.

Turn Off Ads?