Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: September 25th Reds at Astros game thread

Re: September 25th Reds at Astros game thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cueto did show great improvement in the second half. He posted a 2.77 ERA in in five starts in August, and pitched well in two of his four September starts despite not having his best stuff after the injury.
    You do have a point, plus we don't know for sure how long he was dealing with whatever arm problems he was having before it became more public knowledge. Though sometimes even though it was a small sample for Ramirez, it seemed at times that he had better control and location on his pitching than Cueto, maybe I am wrong, nothing new there, it happens.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It's not my money, but Mario Soto needs to be here full time. I can't think of anyone better to help develop Cueto, Volquez, and Ramirez. Throw the money at him...make it very difficult to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    It's not my money, but Mario Soto needs to be here full time. I can't think of anyone better to help develop Cueto, Volquez, and Ramirez
    I don't think it's a matter of money. I don't think Soto wants to be the full time pitching coach.

The Reds have played awful defense all season long but it seems like they always saved their worst for when Cueto pitched. I can remember earlier in the year at Shea Stadium when Griffey and Patterson got mixed up and allowed a ball to drop in to score a couple runs off Cueto. I remember Dunn misplaying a two out flyball in the 7th inning in Chicago back in July - that led to three runs off Cueto, and now tonight Keppinger cost him three or four runs. Nothing is more frustrating than watching the defense give away runs.

Here's an interesting stat...every single Astro (including the pitcher) has a higher average than Bako, Richar, and Patterson. Four sure outs out of 9 (excepting Patterson's feak HR) and you don't win many games, especially facing Oswalt.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    You do have a point, plus we don't know for sure how long he was dealing with whatever arm problems he was having before it became more public knowledge. Though sometimes even though it was a small sample for Ramirez, it seemed at times that he had better control and location on his pitching than Cueto, maybe I am wrong, nothing new there, it happens.
    Cueto had exceptional command and control in the minors... he posted a phenomenal 2.12 BB/9 in the minor leagues. I don't expect control issues to be a problem for him in the future.

It's not my money, but Mario Soto needs to be here full time. I can't think of anyone better to help develop Cueto, Volquez, and Ramirez. Throw the money at him...make it very difficult to say no.
    I would like to think that Soto would be a difference maker who can really help these guys too, at least we were given a strong impression that he was able to make a big contribution to their growth and development through the media.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of money. I don't think Soto wants to be the full time pitching coach.
    That very well could be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds have played awful defense all season long but it seems like they always saved their worst for when Cueto pitched.
    Poor defense and low run support was a problem most of the season that the pitching had to deal with, good point. Had to effect them some if not alot.

What is it about Oswalt and this franchise? The players change, and they still cannot get this guy

I was impressed as to how quickly Owings got down the line on that ground ball. I hadn't seen him run before.

Does he have decent speed?

Rem

I almost forgot about Majewski....that is now a rhing of the past

I don't see Majewski makes this team next season...

I don't see Majewski makes this team next season...
    He is eligible for arbitration this off-season. The Reds should simply refuse to offer it to him, and that will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    He is eligible for arbitration this off-season. The Reds should simply refuse to offer it to him, and that will be it.
    I like easy solutions

Turn Off Ads?