Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cards 9/26/08

Re: Reds vs Cards 9/26/08

Now he pulls him.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-26-2008 at 10:24 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Valentin hits a two out, two run homer in the 9th to tie the game at 6-6!

Are you KIDDING me?? I go to take a shower in the 9th inning and my man Javy hits a game-tying home run??? You go, Javy!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

K, Single, Lincoln In, BB, HBP, Sac Fly, Game.

Corey Patterson didn't even try to throw Lopez out at the plate -- looked like he didn't realize it was the winning run... There's no way he would've gotten him since his arm is crap, but still, where's the effort?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

No throw there Patterson? You KNOW that your pathetic arm can't do the job? WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?

What do we have to lose by trying?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Well...that ended poorly.

I just sorta looked up to see Patterson not even try to throw home when Lopez tagged. Maybe he had zero chance on planet earth? Still, would have been nice to just see him wing it home.

Lincoln....well. Uh....yikes.

Mike Lincoln should not be retained. He's been a human batting tee lately.

Jeff Keppinger had an awful game defensively last night and Jerry Hairston did the same tonight. He made Dunn look like a gold glover out there tonight on more than one occasion.

Somehow, this kind of foul up doesn't sting as much as it did earlier. After the Hairston mistake on the fly ball which led to the 5-4 lead and then the 2-run lead, Javy hits the game-tying HR. Nice. Bray faces one batter, which is his custom. He fails to get an out. Lincoln comes on and loads the bases, making it easy for the Cards to win. As far as I'm concerned, OBM is right. Lincoln should be sent on his merry way. His second half was less than good.

The most interesting thing said out of the TV booth tonight was the discussion about whether or not EdE would be back next year. I have to think these guys have a finger on the pulse of the leadership and it sounded like he was available. Later, he gets picked off first base and I thought Welsh was going to have a stroke. Doesn't sound good.

Just another loss--the 86th of the season. Only two games left and it's a long, long time to Spring Training.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Only two games left and it's a long, long time to Spring Training.
    Sounds like WV is anxious to see Dusty Baker "Manager" part II

WV, the sequel will be out in about four or five months.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    K, Single, Lincoln In, BB, HBP, Sac Fly, Game.

Corey Patterson didn't even try to throw Lopez out at the plate -- looked like he didn't realize it was the winning run... There's no way he would've gotten him since his arm is crap, but still, where's the effort?
    i think you're absolutely right in that he had a total brain fart on that fly ball...there is no doubt he can "go get 'em" out there in the field, but he does have his share of flubs as well...certainly too many to make up for his lack of offense and poor baserunning skills...this season can't end fast enough to get him outta town...

The Dusty just said on Reds Live that he sent Arroyo back out in the eighth because he had 199 innings and "it's hard to pull a guy with 199 innings".

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    Sounds like WV is anxious to see Dusty Baker "Manager" part II

WV, the sequel will be out in about four or five months.
    I'd rather go to the dentist. Especially if that proposed roster someone posted today is true. Another year of Patterson and Bako might put me over the edge...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    The Dusty just said on Reds Live that he sent Arroyo back out in the eighth because he had 199 innings and "it's hard to pull a guy with 199 innings".

Dusty's wrong then. Arroyo entered tonight with 193 IP. After he completed the 7th inning he topped 200 IP. He had already reach 200 IP when Dusty sent him back out for the 8th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dusty's wrong then. Arroyo entered tonight with 193 IP. After he completed the 7th inning he topped 200 IP. He had already reach 200 IP when Dusty sent him back out for the 8th inning.
    To give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll wait for the print quote (if there ends up being one). I recend my exploding head emoticom and offer my applogizes to Dusty in the event I misunderheard him.

Turn Off Ads?