Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reds vs Cards 9/26/08

Re: Reds vs Cards 9/26/08

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    The Dusty just said on Reds Live that he sent Arroyo back out in the eighth because he had 199 innings and "it's hard to pull a guy with 199 innings".

Round Numbers > Health of Your Pitching Staff. This is not news unfortunately.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That’s why Jerry Hairston Jr. was in unfamiliar territory Friday, left field, where he misplayed three balls into triples that led to two runs and an eventual 7-6 defeat to the St. Louis Cardinals in Busch Stadium.

It ended dramatically but quietly in the bottom of the ninth in front of a full-house of 44,709 when Mike Lincoln gave up a bases-loaded sacrifice fly to Troy Glaus.

Hairston, a stand-up guy, stood in front of his locker afterward describing the frustration of his night of triples.

“Wasn’t my finest hour, or I should say, my finest day,” he said. “One of those days. Couldn’t do anything right and if you play the game long enough it is going to happen.

“If it had been football, I put my defense behind the 8-ball,” Hairston added.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post

“If it had been football, I put my defense behind the 8-ball,” Hairston added.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/
    ehh.....what?

8 ball, football, baseball? :all_cohol
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Do these games mean anything besides looking at players and getting personal achievements? Lower or Higher Draft pick?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Yay for progress.............or something.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'd rather go to the dentist. Especially if that proposed roster someone posted today is true. Another year of Patterson and Bako might put me over the edge...
    Well we both know that the "manager" has done everything he could to audition and position them (Patterson, Hairston, Bako) for a return next year, and since that has been his pattern, we can be within range by suggesting or guessing that he will want to add additional like or similiar pieces for next year. Players that he is familiar with that have vet experience, not necessarily good solid performing vets, with speed. I have been checking the road kill list for ex-cubs and ex-giants who can find their way on to the roster next year.

Turn Off Ads?