Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Reds vs Cards 9/28/08 Final Game...sigh

Re: Reds vs Cards 9/28/08 Final Game...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    A bunch of work lies ahead. I wouldn't count on 2009 being a whole lot different from 2008.
    I would. Aaron Harang is a not a 4.70+ ERA pitcher. Bruce will be better, as should Cueto. Walt will bring in better players too. I fully expect this team to improve in 2009.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-29-2008 at 11:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would. Aaron Harang is a not a 4.70+ ERA pitcher. Bruce will be better, as should Cueto. Walt will bring in better players too. I fully expect this team to improve in 2009.
    And hopefully no Corey Patterson That's addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    A ton of folks thought the same thing at the end of last year, too. Two things are going to have to happen at once: 1. the farm is going to have to produce like it hasn't done since the 60's and 2. Jocketty's going to have to have an offseason like Bowden's 98/99 one (or his own 99/00). I think the latter can happen; I'm pretty agnostic about the former.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    A ton of folks thought the same thing at the end of last year, too. Two things are going to have to happen at once: 1. the farm is going to have to produce like it hasn't done since the 60's and 2. Jocketty's going to have to have an offseason like Bowden's 98/99 one (or his own 99/00). I think the latter can happen; I'm pretty agnostic about the former.
    I would say the farm has did a pretty solid job in the past year: Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Ramon Ramirez, and Chris Dickerson have all played well at the big league level. And I think Jocketty is going to do some nice things this offseason.

Turn Off Ads?